• Where are gliders for sale listed?

From Guy Acheson@21:1/5 to All on Sat Dec 24 18:59:42 2022
    What are the current sites for advertising a glider for sale?
    Wings and wheels has very few listings compared to even one year ago.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Turkey Vulture@21:1/5 to All on Sun Dec 25 04:56:25 2022
    If you are in America:

Wings and wheels
    Barnstormers
    Back of SSA magazine
    Glider Source

Wings and Wheels is your best bet unless you want to buy new IMO (having bought and sold 4 gliders from Wings and wheels in 10 years). If you are in the market enjoy your daily Wings and Wheels check. It may take many months to find what you are looking
    for. The market usually comes alive early spring...

If you have a specific model you are looking for go to FAA registry and send letters to the owners, you may find someone interested in selling. I did that to find my second glider...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ernesto / 2TK@21:1/5 to Turkey Vulture on Sun Dec 25 07:59:21 2022
    On Sunday, December 25, 2022 at 7:56:27 AM UTC-5, Turkey Vulture wrote:
    If you are in America:

Wings and wheels
    Barnstormers
    Back of SSA magazine
    Glider Source

Wings and Wheels is your best bet unless you want to buy new IMO (having bought and sold 4 gliders from Wings and wheels in 10 years). If you are in the market enjoy your daily Wings and Wheels check. It may take many months to find what you are
    looking for. The market usually comes alive early spring...

If you have a specific model you are looking for go to FAA registry and send letters to the owners, you may find someone interested in selling. I did that to find my second glider...
    Agreed! I found my AS-W20 via contact with someone that did not have it listed for sale. Honestly sending letters out is the best way to do it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Agu Nabo@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jan 24 12:35:54 2023
    El domingo, 25 de diciembre de 2022 a las 12:59:24 UTC-3, Ernesto / 2TK escribió:
    If you are in America:

Wings and wheels
    Barnstormers
    Back of SSA magazine
    Glider Source

Wings and Wheels is your best bet unless you want to buy new IMO (having bought and sold 4 gliders from Wings and wheels in 10 years). If you are in the market enjoy your daily Wings and Wheels check. It may take many months to find what you are

Agreed! I found my AS-W20 via contact with someone that did not have it listed for sale. Honestly sending letters out is the best way to do it.
    Hi my english is not so god for formal letters, so can you type a model for a letter to the owners whom you don't know yet...?
    thank you in advance

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Sinclair@21:1/5 to agusti...@gmail.com on Tue Jan 24 14:36:28 2023
    On Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 12:35:57 PM UTC-8, agusti...@gmail.com wrote:
    El domingo, 25 de diciembre de 2022 a las 12:59:24 UTC-3, Ernesto / 2TK escribió:
    If you are in America:

Wings and wheels
    Barnstormers
    Back of SSA magazine
    Glider Source

Hi my english is not so god for formal letters, so can you type a model for a letter to the owners whom you don't know yet...?
    thank you in advance

Greetings,
    I got your name and address from the FAA owners of XXXXXXXXXXXX type sailplane. Is there a chance your ship might be for sale?
    Thank you for considering,
    John SXXXXXXXXXXX
    I can be reached at XXXXXXXXX

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05