• 2023 Pan American Championships - Sunflower

From Tony@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 16 10:08:50 2022
    In June 2023 Sunflower Gliderport near Hutchinson KS will host the FAI Pan American Continental Gliding Chamiponships. This will provide Western Hemisphere pilots to compete at a high level under international rules!

Practice June 3-5
    Contest June 6-17

Classes:
    Club (IGC Range)
    15m/Standard Handicapped

If you're a US pilot interested in participating you need to let Pete Alexander know. clouddancer@mac.com. Pilots for this competition must be named through the US Team. If you aren't ranked towards the top of the list, don't fret. They let ME
    participate as a reserve pilot in 2015!

If you are from another Western Hemisphere gliding country and are interested, please contact me at abcondon@gmail.com. We're ready to help in any way we can with lodging, gliders, etc etc.

We look forward to seeing you all at Sunflower next Summer!

Tony Condon

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Richard Owen@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 17 14:04:13 2022
    Tony,

Loved the Pan Americans when we had them in Canada. Unfortunately, I'll be CD at the 15 Meter/Open Class Nationals during that time.

Cheers,
    Rich

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Fox Sierra@21:1/5 to All on Fri Nov 18 13:55:30 2022
    Tony,

I have flown all previous PanAms in Chilhowee, Argentina, and Canada, and love them.

I am very disappointed that I will miss Kansas because of the scheduling conflict with the 15m National’s in Cordele.

If it is not too late, would consider rescheduling for July which falls between 15m at Cordele and 18m at Uvalde in August?

I am sure many other US Team pilots will be forced to make a tough decision and it is a shame.

Hoping you can reschedule!

FS

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Charles Longley@21:1/5 to Fox Sierra on Fri Nov 18 20:09:39 2022
    On Friday, November 18, 2022 at 3:55:32 PM UTC-6, Fox Sierra wrote:
    Tony,

I have flown all previous PanAms in Chilhowee, Argentina, and Canada, and love them.

I am very disappointed that I will miss Kansas because of the scheduling conflict with the 15m National’s in Cordele.

If it is not too late, would consider rescheduling for July which falls between 15m at Cordele and 18m at Uvalde in August?

I am sure many other US Team pilots will be forced to make a tough decision and it is a shame.

Hoping you can reschedule!

FS
    The current schedule works great for me! It’ll allow me to do Region 8 afterwards.

Charlie Longley

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05