• Schweizer SGS 1-35 CG Hook

From Bret Chilcott@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 31 05:00:59 2022
    Group:

I am considering acquiring a Schweizer SGS 1-35. I found one but it does not have a CG hook. If I understand correctly, the CG hook was an option. Knowing this, is it possible to add a CG hook to a 1-35? Is the mounting bracket standard in all 1-35's?

Thank you.

Bret C / Kansas

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Hank Nixon@21:1/5 to bretch...@gmail.com on Mon Oct 31 05:51:59 2022
    On Monday, October 31, 2022 at 8:01:01 AM UTC-4, bretch...@gmail.com wrote:
    Group:

I am considering acquiring a Schweizer SGS 1-35. I found one but it does not have a CG hook. If I understand correctly, the CG hook was an option. Knowing this, is it possible to add a CG hook to a 1-35? Is the mounting bracket standard in all 1-35's?

Thank you.

Bret C / Kansas

Check with K&L Soaring at schweizer.kyle@klsoaring.com.
    They provide excellent support in parts and info.
    UH

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bill Tisdale@21:1/5 to Hank Nixon on Mon Oct 31 09:05:21 2022
    On Monday, October 31, 2022 at 8:52:02 AM UTC-4, Hank Nixon wrote:
    Group:

Thank you.

Bret C / Kansas
    Check with K&L Soaring at schweiz...@klsoaring.com.
    UH

I did not know there was a CG Hook option on the 1-35. I have an SGS 1-35C and the Manual explicitly states that winch launch is not authorized. I take this because the elevator is small and does not have much nose up deflection and the Schweizer hook is
    so far forward.

Bill

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bret Chilcott@21:1/5 to tisda...@gmail.com on Mon Oct 31 11:57:14 2022
    On Monday, October 31, 2022 at 11:05:23 AM UTC-5, tisda...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Monday, October 31, 2022 at 8:52:02 AM UTC-4, Hank Nixon wrote:
    Group:

I am considering acquiring a Schweizer SGS 1-35. I found one but it does not have a CG hook. If I understand correctly, the CG hook was an option. Knowing this, is it possible to add a CG hook to a 1-35? Is the mounting bracket standard in all 1-35'
    s?

Thank you.

Bret C / Kansas
    Check with K&L Soaring at schweiz...@klsoaring.com.
    UH
    I did not know there was a CG Hook option on the 1-35. I have an SGS 1-35C and the Manual explicitly states that winch launch is not authorized. I take this because the elevator is small and does not have much nose up deflection and the Schweizer hook
    is so far forward.

Bill

Guys - Thank you for your input. I am still learning about the 1-35.

I believe you all are correct that there was never a CG tow hook for the 1-35. What confused me is that I was looking through the WingsAndWheels listings. In the listings there is a list of features that are included or not included in the postings.
    Both tow hooks were listed. I interpreted this as meaning that the CG hook was available as a factory option, but this particular bird did not have it. However, I was wrong. The overall listing of features is a generic list for any glider.

Thank you.

Bret C
    Kansas

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05