• 2023 Senior Soaring Championship

From Rich Owen@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 28 12:38:09 2022
    The summer is over and already some clubs are putting their ships away for the winter. Down in Florida the weather is still great and we are expecting a very good winter season. Ole Bob the Purist is still stirring the pot and we are going to issue him
    a challenge in the first week of March 2023. More on this latter.

The 33rd Annual Senior Soaring Championship is scheduled for March 10-17, 2023. It has been on the SSA website for a couple of months but seems it has disappeared from the ssa.org site. If you go to the members.ssa.org site and sign in, you can
    register online. This event is always over subscribed so it pays to enter early and send your deposit check to Seminole-Lake Gliderport. We have 55 regular entry slots for pilots who will be 55 years old or older by March 10th, 2023. There are also 5
    Guest slots for pilots who are younger or those who may not be able to get into the contest based on pilot ranking. We always have one guest slot reserved for a junior racer.

We are happy to announce, one of the best contest managers in the US has graciously offered to help during the contest. Kerry Huffstutler will take the reins as the CM on March 10th so that I can concentrate on my flying during the contest. Kerry is a
    great addition to the already experienced team that works the Seniors.

As in the past 2 years, we will have a Sailplane Grand Prix 2.0 (SGP) event that will precede the Seniors for a maximum of 15 pilots. This is a fun race, applying the SGP format, using varying diameter turnpoint circles to make up for the performance
    differences of the gliders. It is a fun, exciting racing format and the first person across the finish line wins! Right now we only have 2 positions remaining, so email me soon if you want to get in. We will have a waiting list to make up for any last
    minute withdrawls from the event.

The holidays will soon be upon us and with everything going on it is easy to forget to register. So, get on your computer and sign up for one of the best contests in the US.

Sincerely,

Rich Owen
    Contest Manager
    Senior Soaring Championship
    stillflyn@aol.com
    407-325-6500 cell

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to stil...@aol.com on Sat Oct 29 12:54:57 2022
    On Friday, October 28, 2022 at 3:38:12 PM UTC-4, stil...@aol.com wrote:
    The summer is over and already some clubs are putting their ships away for the winter. Down in Florida the weather is still great and we are expecting a very good winter season. Ole Bob the Purist is still stirring the pot and we are going to issue him
    a challenge in the first week of March 2023. More on this latter.

The 33rd Annual Senior Soaring Championship is scheduled for March 10-17, 2023. It has been on the SSA website for a couple of months but seems it has disappeared from the ssa.org site. If you go to the members.ssa.org site and sign in, you can
    register online. This event is always over subscribed so it pays to enter early and send your deposit check to Seminole-Lake Gliderport. We have 55 regular entry slots for pilots who will be 55 years old or older by March 10th, 2023. There are also 5
    Guest slots for pilots who are younger or those who may not be able to get into the contest based on pilot ranking. We always have one guest slot reserved for a junior racer.

We are happy to announce, one of the best contest managers in the US has graciously offered to help during the contest. Kerry Huffstutler will take the reins as the CM on March 10th so that I can concentrate on my flying during the contest. Kerry is a
    great addition to the already experienced team that works the Seniors.

As in the past 2 years, we will have a Sailplane Grand Prix 2.0 (SGP) event that will precede the Seniors for a maximum of 15 pilots. This is a fun race, applying the SGP format, using varying diameter turnpoint circles to make up for the performance
    differences of the gliders. It is a fun, exciting racing format and the first person across the finish line wins! Right now we only have 2 positions remaining, so email me soon if you want to get in. We will have a waiting list to make up for any last

The holidays will soon be upon us and with everything going on it is easy to forget to register. So, get on your computer and sign up for one of the best contests in the US.

Sincerely,

Rich Owen
    Contest Manager
    stil...@aol.com
    407-325-6500 cell
    Lets Get Ready To Rumble, yep, that is the theme for this years Soaring Safari. I welcome the challenge, like Toby Keith says, "I Ain't The Man I Once Was, But I Am As Good Once As I Ever Was", so, game On! I do recall in 2020 when a couple of guys over
    here, known as Todd and OBTP at TCSC gave you big dogs a good spanking, sorry to steal your show with our big triangles while you motorglider guys were busy going up and down Hwy 27.
    This year I would like to sponsor two performance awards, one for the best Purist and one for the best motorglider finisher. I am also sending you a beautiful plaque that will welcome everyone to you wonderful event. Eileen and I will be joining in on
    your event for a day so I can have a few laughs with my motorglider friends, ha ha, and once again bring cold beverages to the hard working tow pilots. The beers will be first class and packed in ice inside my Purist cooler. Thanks for sending me a
    picture of you wearing that TCSC, Purist shirt that our club awarded to you. Now here is the best opportunity for you Big Dogs to have a little warm up for the Geritol Contest, and Rich you are certainly welcome to take part. Get your posse gathered up and join us here at TCSC for a pre game warm up. I will give each one of you a
    free tow, including "The Bum". Some of you BD's have been down to our place and they will tell you that the bite is not as bad as the bark. Old Bob, The Purist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Richard Owen@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 30 15:12:27 2022
    Bob,

Starting on March 4th, 2023 we will be flying daily fun races that will be scored and posted on the Seminole-Lake website. We would love to have you come up and participate. I will offer the same hospitality you have shown to us. I will pay for your
    tow and take you and Eileen to dinner. I will wear the shirt you so graciously presented to me last Seniors. We just want to give you the opportunity to show us how real soaring pilots race. Looking forward to having a beer with you after the flight.

Sincerely,
    Rich
    Team 98 (During this Seniors and yes it is a motorglider Bob, LOL)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Richard Owen on Sun Oct 30 17:07:13 2022
    On Sunday, October 30, 2022 at 6:12:29 PM UTC-4, Richard Owen wrote:
    Bob,

Starting on March 4th, 2023 we will be flying daily fun races that will be scored and posted on the Seminole-Lake website. We would love to have you come up and participate. I will offer the same hospitality you have shown to us. I will pay for your
    tow and take you and Eileen to dinner. I will wear the shirt you so graciously presented to me last Seniors. We just want to give you the opportunity to show us how real soaring pilots race. Looking forward to having a beer with you after the flight.

Sincerely,
    Rich
    Team 98 (During this Seniors and yes it is a motorglider Bob, LOL)
    Now Rich, you know that I just a couple of years ago started soaring, not bad for a newbie ! Look, I will come up and let Eileen fly she is much more capable of putting you guys in your place that old run down OBTP. I was going to call Dave S and ask him
    to take Eileen for a trip in the ARCUS, hope he has better FAI triangle speed than he did today. I love the bantering, OBTP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Richard Owen@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 31 06:38:46 2022
    Bob,

You do know, I am one of the partners in the Arcus. Couldn't believe you didn't trust me with Eileen. LOL Hope you guys can make it up. Love hosting you at the gliderport.

Cheers,
    Rich

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Richard Owen on Wed Nov 2 14:30:10 2022
    On Monday, October 31, 2022 at 9:38:48 AM UTC-4, Richard Owen wrote:
    Bob,

You do know, I am one of the partners in the Arcus. Couldn't believe you didn't trust me with Eileen. LOL Hope you guys can make it up. Love hosting you at the gliderport.

Cheers,
    Rich
    Rich, maybe I should ask "R" , this question since he has gone to the dark side and now competing with a motorglider. as do many other pilots at the Seniors. I am really looking forward to this years Seniors although I do not participate, call me a
    rookie if you like , I am kind of new to this gliding stuff, ha ha. The wheels are turning here at TCSC and I know for a fact that there will be a few guys in our pre game warmup. Once again I will be asking for motorglider pilots on the radio as I have
    done in the past. Please don't let Dave be the only one to answer me like last weekend.
    Now as I have discussed there will be a special prize from Eileen and I for the grand champion, I will also be providing that wonderful bottle of rum for the Purist Award, I hope you win the overall award, I will hold off on having Bob V paint the
    contest numbers on the ship until the final glide to victory, shall the painting depict the motor out? Old Bob, The Purist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From 2G@21:1/5 to youngbl...@gmail.com on Mon Nov 7 21:25:13 2022
    On Saturday, October 29, 2022 at 12:54:59 PM UTC-7, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    The summer is over and already some clubs are putting their ships away for the winter. Down in Florida the weather is still great and we are expecting a very good winter season. Ole Bob the Purist is still stirring the pot and we are going to issue
    him a challenge in the first week of March 2023. More on this latter.

We are happy to announce, one of the best contest managers in the US has graciously offered to help during the contest. Kerry Huffstutler will take the reins as the CM on March 10th so that I can concentrate on my flying during the contest. Kerry is
    a great addition to the already experienced team that works the Seniors.

Sincerely,

Rich Owen
    Contest Manager
    stil...@aol.com
    407-325-6500 cell
    Lets Get Ready To Rumble, yep, that is the theme for this years Soaring Safari. I welcome the challenge, like Toby Keith says, "I Ain't The Man I Once Was, But I Am As Good Once As I Ever Was", so, game On! I do recall in 2020 when a couple of guys
    over here, known as Todd and OBTP at TCSC gave you big dogs a good spanking, sorry to steal your show with our big triangles while you motorglider guys were busy going up and down Hwy 27.
    This year I would like to sponsor two performance awards, one for the best Purist and one for the best motorglider finisher. I am also sending you a beautiful plaque that will welcome everyone to you wonderful event. Eileen and I will be joining in on
    your event for a day so I can have a few laughs with my motorglider friends, ha ha, and once again bring cold beverages to the hard working tow pilots. The beers will be first class and packed in ice inside my Purist cooler. Thanks for sending me a
    picture of you wearing that TCSC, Purist shirt that our club awarded to you.
    Now here is the best opportunity for you Big Dogs to have a little warm up for the Geritol Contest, and Rich you are certainly welcome to take part. Get your posse gathered up and join us here at TCSC for a pre game warm up. I will give each one of you
    a free tow, including "The Bum". Some of you BD's have been down to our place and they will tell you that the bite is not as bad as the bark. Old Bob, The Purist

I have previously explained to you that what you are doing IS NOT a "safari." Look up the definition before using it again.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 8 03:04:36 2022
    On Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 12:25:15 AM UTC-5, 2G wrote:
    The summer is over and already some clubs are putting their ships away for the winter. Down in Florida the weather is still great and we are expecting a very good winter season. Ole Bob the Purist is still stirring the pot and we are going to issue
    him a challenge in the first week of March 2023. More on this latter.

We are happy to announce, one of the best contest managers in the US has graciously offered to help during the contest. Kerry Huffstutler will take the reins as the CM on March 10th so that I can concentrate on my flying during the contest. Kerry
    is a great addition to the already experienced team that works the Seniors.

As in the past 2 years, we will have a Sailplane Grand Prix 2.0 (SGP) event that will precede the Seniors for a maximum of 15 pilots. This is a fun race, applying the SGP format, using varying diameter turnpoint circles to make up for the
    performance differences of the gliders. It is a fun, exciting racing format and the first person across the finish line wins! Right now we only have 2 positions remaining, so email me soon if you want to get in. We will have a waiting list to make up for
    any last minute withdrawls from the event.

Sincerely,

Rich Owen
    Contest Manager
    stil...@aol.com
    407-325-6500 cell
    Lets Get Ready To Rumble, yep, that is the theme for this years Soaring Safari. I welcome the challenge, like Toby Keith says, "I Ain't The Man I Once Was, But I Am As Good Once As I Ever Was", so, game On! I do recall in 2020 when a couple of guys
    over here, known as Todd and OBTP at TCSC gave you big dogs a good spanking, sorry to steal your show with our big triangles while you motorglider guys were busy going up and down Hwy 27.
    This year I would like to sponsor two performance awards, one for the best Purist and one for the best motorglider finisher. I am also sending you a beautiful plaque that will welcome everyone to you wonderful event. Eileen and I will be joining in
    on your event for a day so I can have a few laughs with my motorglider friends, ha ha, and once again bring cold beverages to the hard working tow pilots. The beers will be first class and packed in ice inside my Purist cooler. Thanks for sending me a
    Now here is the best opportunity for you Big Dogs to have a little warm up for the Geritol Contest, and Rich you are certainly welcome to take part. Get your posse gathered up and join us here at TCSC for a pre game warm up. I will give each one of
    you a free tow, including "The Bum". Some of you BD's have been down to our place and they will tell you that the bite is not as bad as the bark. Old Bob, The Purist
    I have previously explained to you that what you are doing IS NOT a "safari." Look up the definition before using it again.
    Hey DH, I was under the impression that the only comments that you make come from your crazy political group. That last post really showed what a nutjob that you actually are. Old Bob, The Purist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Eric Greenwell@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 8 06:21:17 2022
    On 11/7/2022 9:25 PM, 2G wrote:
    Lets Get Ready To Rumble, yep, that is the theme for this years Soaring Safari

Bob's event is a "safari" if you think a trip to see the lions in the zoo is an "African
    safari" :^)

--
    Eric Greenwell - USA
    - "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation"
    https://sites.google.com/site/motorgliders/publications

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Eric Greenwell on Tue Nov 8 12:20:53 2022
    On Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 9:21:22 AM UTC-5, Eric Greenwell wrote:

Bob's event is a "safari" if you think a trip to see the lions in the zoo is an "African

--
    Eric Greenwell - USA
    - "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" https://sites.google.com/site/motorgliders/publications
    Eric, that is why they call it Lion Country Safari. Eileen just returned from Switzerland and she asked what I was planning for my next adventure, I told her the Soaring Safari this coming March at TCSC.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Eric Greenwell on Wed Nov 9 10:03:40 2022
    On Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 9:21:22 AM UTC-5, Eric Greenwell wrote:

--
    Eric Greenwell - USA
    - "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" https://sites.google.com/site/motorgliders/publications
    Eric, when do you expect your Jeta? Let me know how that is going. Busy here getting things buttoned up for the hurricane, all gliders are secured. Old Bob, The Purist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Eric Bick (DY)@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 9 17:38:55 2022
    Yep - time to batten the hatches and scoop the scuppers. Wish you well in surviving the storm. Apparently NASA doesn’t think it will be a big deal re Artemis.
    EB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From 2G@21:1/5 to youngbl...@gmail.com on Wed Nov 9 21:22:00 2022
    On Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 3:04:38 AM UTC-8, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 12:25:15 AM UTC-5, 2G wrote:
    The summer is over and already some clubs are putting their ships away for the winter. Down in Florida the weather is still great and we are expecting a very good winter season. Ole Bob the Purist is still stirring the pot and we are going to
    issue him a challenge in the first week of March 2023. More on this latter.

We are happy to announce, one of the best contest managers in the US has graciously offered to help during the contest. Kerry Huffstutler will take the reins as the CM on March 10th so that I can concentrate on my flying during the contest. Kerry
    is a great addition to the already experienced team that works the Seniors.

As in the past 2 years, we will have a Sailplane Grand Prix 2.0 (SGP) event that will precede the Seniors for a maximum of 15 pilots. This is a fun race, applying the SGP format, using varying diameter turnpoint circles to make up for the
    performance differences of the gliders. It is a fun, exciting racing format and the first person across the finish line wins! Right now we only have 2 positions remaining, so email me soon if you want to get in. We will have a waiting list to make up for
    any last minute withdrawls from the event.

Sincerely,

Rich Owen
    Contest Manager
    stil...@aol.com
    407-325-6500 cell
    This year I would like to sponsor two performance awards, one for the best Purist and one for the best motorglider finisher. I am also sending you a beautiful plaque that will welcome everyone to you wonderful event. Eileen and I will be joining in
    on your event for a day so I can have a few laughs with my motorglider friends, ha ha, and once again bring cold beverages to the hard working tow pilots. The beers will be first class and packed in ice inside my Purist cooler. Thanks for sending me a
    Now here is the best opportunity for you Big Dogs to have a little warm up for the Geritol Contest, and Rich you are certainly welcome to take part. Get your posse gathered up and join us here at TCSC for a pre game warm up. I will give each one of
    you a free tow, including "The Bum". Some of you BD's have been down to our place and they will tell you that the bite is not as bad as the bark. Old Bob, The Purist
    Hey DH, I was under the impression that the only comments that you make come from your crazy political group. That last post really showed what a nutjob that you actually are. Old Bob, The Purist

And you thought I was a LIBERAL. HA HA HA HA!!!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 10 15:30:34 2022
    On Wednesday, November 9, 2022 at 8:38:57 PM UTC-5, Eric Bick (DY) wrote:
    Yep - time to batten the hatches and scoop the scuppers. Wish you well in surviving the storm. Apparently NASA doesn’t think it will be a big deal re Artemis.
    EB
    We had everything well secured and ready for what mother nature brings. I should have said that you are never ready for what mother nature can throw at you. It was another sleepless night with howling winds and strange noise. I have seen much worse yet
    nothing ever this late in the hurricane season. Mango grove survived with little damage and greeted with much needed rain. Old Bob, The Purist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05