• 301 Vario volume

From Phoenix@21:1/5 to All on Wed Oct 5 04:52:24 2022
    For some reason I can't adjust the volume of the 301. I've read the manual and... well.... nada.
    Any suggestions?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Mark Zivley@21:1/5 to Phoenix on Wed Oct 5 12:17:20 2022
    Are you sure you're on first screen? Each push in on the knob advances 1 screen up to screen 11 I believe. A quick double press in on the knob will return to screen 0. That's the only screen where rotating the knob will adjust the volume.

Make sure the knob isn't stuck "in" and if the collet that holds the knob in place isn't quite tight enough, the knob can slide inwards and when that happens, you may not be able to get back to screen 0. There is a screw under the head of the knob,
    which you can pop loose with a fingernail or a blade. Then loosen the collet, pull it out a little bit, then tighten it back up and replace the cap.

Do you have any volume at all? Some units do not have internal speakers (ENL equipped units). If that's the case you'll need to wire a speaker up to the pins on the connector on the back.

On Wednesday, October 5, 2022 at 6:52:26 AM UTC-5, Phoenix wrote:
    For some reason I can't adjust the volume of the 301. I've read the manual and... well.... nada.
    Any suggestions?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Phoenix@21:1/5 to markde...@gmail.com on Thu Oct 6 05:09:24 2022
    I'm on the first window and the knob is secure. Internal speaker, too.Still can't turn it down.

On Wednesday, October 5, 2022 at 3:17:22 PM UTC-4, markde...@gmail.com wrote:
    Are you sure you're on first screen? Each push in on the knob advances 1 screen up to screen 11 I believe. A quick double press in on the knob will return to screen 0. That's the only screen where rotating the knob will adjust the volume.

Make sure the knob isn't stuck "in" and if the collet that holds the knob in place isn't quite tight enough, the knob can slide inwards and when that happens, you may not be able to get back to screen 0. There is a screw under the head of the knob,
    which you can pop loose with a fingernail or a blade. Then loosen the collet, pull it out a little bit, then tighten it back up and replace the cap.

Do you have any volume at all? Some units do not have internal speakers (ENL equipped units). If that's the case you'll need to wire a speaker up to the pins on the connector on the back.
    On Wednesday, October 5, 2022 at 6:52:26 AM UTC-5, Phoenix wrote:
    Any suggestions?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mark Zivley@21:1/5 to All on Thu Oct 6 05:28:47 2022
    Hmm, If you go to the next screen, can you adjust the McCready value? Maybe the rotary switch is dead?

After that I'm out of suggestions. Might be worth a call to CN. Maybe Gary K. is still available to service 301s?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Nicholas Kennedy@21:1/5 to All on Thu Oct 6 19:01:07 2022
    Phoenix
    I think your having a operator error.
    To get the, BTW I think , a CAI 302 functioning you:
    Turn it on
    Let it go through the set / boot up displays
    Set you AP elevation
    Push the knob and if needed pull it out
    You see the battery voltage
    Double click the knob and the screen should show 3 bars for GPS lock and you should be ready to go.
    You should be able to adjust volume now
    One click and you can set / adjust your Mc Cready setting
    Always double click to get back to HOME Screen
    Good Luck
    If all fails Gary Kammerer is your man
    1802 8828530 or
    1610 388 0456

Nick
    T

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Nicholas Kennedy@21:1/5 to All on Thu Oct 6 19:13:12 2022
    PHX
    One other thought
    The outside air temp sensor / probe can internally short and cause some weird problems.
    If needed go ahead and unplug it.
    It's nice to have but not essential or critically needed for the 302 to work well.

Nick
    T

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05