• Komet Trailer Info

From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 8 17:30:01 2022
    My wife has a Komet trailer for her sailplane and the front part of the stem where the ball connector is located rotates to the point where the hitch connector stops at the ball connector. Basically the inside tube that operates the surge brakes rotates
    well beyond where I think it should. Anyone ever had this problem? I thought I would ask prior to taking the assembly apart. Old Bob, The Purist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Hartley Falbaum@21:1/5 to johnsin...@yahoo.com on Tue Aug 9 07:45:55 2022
    On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 10:28:34 AM UTC-4, johnsin...@yahoo.com wrote:
    On Monday, August 8, 2022 at 5:30:02 PM UTC-7, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    My wife has a Komet trailer for her sailplane and the front part of the stem where the ball connector is located rotates to the point where the hitch connector stops at the ball connector. Basically the inside tube that operates the surge brakes
    rotates well beyond where I think it should. Anyone ever had this problem? I thought I would ask prior to taking the assembly apart. Old Bob, The Puri
    I have owned a couple of Komet trailers and they both did just as you described! Never had any problem, but gas station attendants would regularly be alarmed and point it out!
    JJ

Our club, Mid Georgia Soaring Assn, Monroe, GA,has a 1985 Komet for our Grob 102 that does the same thing. The Surge damper is shot, and I will be replacing it in the next few weeks--(I have the part).
    I believe the damper is the only thing holding it together, but who knows??? The instructions that came with the damper shows several designs of the tongue, none of which match our trailer!!!!
    I can post info once I do the job.

Hartley Falbaum
    Loganville, GA

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Sinclair@21:1/5 to youngbl...@gmail.com on Tue Aug 9 07:28:32 2022
    My wife has a Komet trailer for her sailplane and the front part of the stem where the ball connector is located rotates to the point where the hitch connector stops at the ball connector. Basically the inside tube that operates the surge brakes
    rotates well beyond where I think it should. Anyone ever had this problem? I thought I would ask prior to taking the assembly apart. Old Bob, The Puri

I have owned a couple of Komet trailers and they both did just as you described! Never had any problem, but gas station attendants would regularly be alarmed and point it out!
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Hartley Falbaum on Tue Aug 9 08:59:57 2022
    On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 10:45:57 AM UTC-4, Hartley Falbaum wrote:
    JJ
    Our club, Mid Georgia Soaring Assn, Monroe, GA,has a 1985 Komet for our Grob 102 that does the same thing. The Surge damper is shot, and I will be replacing it in the next few weeks--(I have the part).
    I believe the damper is the only thing holding it together, but who knows??? The instructions that came with the damper shows several designs of the tongue, none of which match our trailer!!!!

Hartley Falbaum
    Loganville, GA
    Where did you get the part and thanks for offering the info. Old Bob, The Purist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hartley Falbaum@21:1/5 to youngbl...@gmail.com on Tue Aug 9 13:21:14 2022
    On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 11:59:59 AM UTC-4, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    JJ

Hartley Falbaum
    Loganville, GA
    Where did you get the part and thanks for offering the info. Old Bob, The Purist
    I got the part from Anshau. Anja Anschau was the person I dealt with.
    anja

Anschau Technik GmbH
    Feldborn 4c
    D-55444 Waldlaubersheim
    +49(0)6707-915810
    mailto:mail@anschau.de

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Hartley Falbaum on Tue Aug 9 15:21:02 2022
    On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 4:21:16 PM UTC-4, Hartley Falbaum wrote:
    My wife has a Komet trailer for her sailplane and the front part of the stem where the ball connector is located rotates to the point where the hitch connector stops at the ball connector. Basically the inside tube that operates the surge
    brakes rotates well beyond where I think it should. Anyone ever had this problem? I thought I would ask prior to taking the assembly apart. Old Bob, The Puri
    JJ

Hartley Falbaum
    Loganville, GA
    anja

Anschau Technik GmbH
    Feldborn 4c
    D-55444 Waldlaubersheim
    +49(0)6707-915810
    mailto:ma...@anschau.de
    Thanks, OBTP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From brucevond1@gmail.com@21:1/5 to youngbl...@gmail.com on Tue Aug 9 18:55:35 2022
    On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 5:21:04 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 4:21:16 PM UTC-4, Hartley Falbaum wrote:
    My wife has a Komet trailer for her sailplane and the front part of the stem where the ball connector is located rotates to the point where the hitch connector stops at the ball connector. Basically the inside tube that operates the surge
    brakes rotates well beyond where I think it should. Anyone ever had this problem? I thought I would ask prior to taking the assembly apart. Old Bob, The Puri
    JJ

Hartley Falbaum
    Loganville, GA
    anja

Anschau Technik GmbH
    Feldborn 4c
    D-55444 Waldlaubersheim
    +49(0)6707-915810
    mailto:ma...@anschau.de
    Thanks, OBTP
    My Komet trailer does the same thing. Its a trait of their mechanical brake system, They did not index the interfacing parts.

Bruce

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Guy Byars@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 10 06:11:14 2022
    My wife has a Komet trailer for her sailplane...

Does she have a sister?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05