• Wings&Wheels access issues

From Dan Kvinge@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 2 18:05:20 2022
    I'm having repeated problems accessing the W&W website due to general "Security Issues". I don't think I'm the only one. I'd like to use the classifieds but can not get them to work on either a MAC or PC. Sometimes I can log in, other times not,
    and when I do it moves very slow and some features are not working. Are others having problems too?

I called them and they said they have heard of the problem but "there is nothing wrong on their end".

Here is the message I get on my PC...
    "wingsandwheels.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Chrome tried to connect to wingsandwheels.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be
    wingsandwheels.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit wingsandwheels.com right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Mark Mocho on Tue Aug 2 18:52:22 2022
    On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 9:26:17 PM UTC-4, Mark Mocho wrote:
    You cannot visit wingsandwheels.com right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later."
    Clicked on W&W and it came right up with MS Edge. Maybe Chrome is getting stupid.
    Working fine with Firefox

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mark Mocho@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 2 18:26:15 2022

Clicked on W&W and it came right up with MS Edge. Maybe Chrome is getting stupid.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steve Leonard@21:1/5 to Mark Mocho on Tue Aug 2 20:09:39 2022
    On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 8:26:17 PM UTC-5, Mark Mocho wrote:

"...getting stupid", Mark? Oh, it has been there for a LONG time!

Fine on my PC using Chrome, but I get a warning that it is "unsafe" on my phone (Android), also through Chrome. Well, yes, it is "unsafe" for me to look at Wings and Wheels, as I am pretty likely to buy something when I do!

Steve Leonard

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sarah Anderson@21:1/5 to Dan Kvinge on Wed Aug 3 07:38:35 2022
    Sounds like a cached SSL certificate issue. Odd it happens for multiple browsers/pcs for you, but not for me (or us, I see.)

Try clearing browser cache?

https://serverfault.com/questions/1013690/how-to-clear-remove-delete-certificate-ssl-https-cache-from-chrome-browser

On 8/2/22 8:05 PM, Dan Kvinge wrote:
    I'm having repeated problems accessing the W&W website due to general "Security Issues". I don't think I'm the only one. I'd like to use the classifieds but can not get them to work on either a MAC or PC. Sometimes I can log in, other times not,
    and when I do it moves very slow and some features are not working. Are others having problems too?

I called them and they said they have heard of the problem but "there is nothing wrong on their end".

Here is the message I get on my PC...
    "wingsandwheels.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Chrome tried to connect to wingsandwheels.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be
    wingsandwheels.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From stephen.szikora.t3@gmail.com@21:1/5 to drguya...@gmail.com on Wed Aug 3 07:04:24 2022
    On Wednesday, August 3, 2022 at 9:32:18 AM UTC-4, drguya...@gmail.com wrote:
    Windows, Google, Chrome.
    No issues.
    Sometimes these issues can be related to your ISP. Your internet service provider may have somehow flagged that website restricting your access.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Guy Acheson@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 3 06:32:16 2022
    Windows, Google, Chrome.
    No issues.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From 2G@21:1/5 to stephen.s...@gmail.com on Wed Aug 3 08:13:54 2022
    On Wednesday, August 3, 2022 at 7:04:26 AM UTC-7, stephen.s...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Wednesday, August 3, 2022 at 9:32:18 AM UTC-4, drguya...@gmail.com wrote:
    Windows, Google, Chrome.
    No issues.
    Sometimes these issues can be related to your ISP. Your internet service provider may have somehow flagged that website restricting your access.

This thread may be of help: https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/10551759/net-err-cert-invalid-website-sent-scrambled-credentials-self-signed-certificate?hl=en

To clear the SSL state in Chrome on Windows, follow these steps:
    Click the Google Chrome – Settings icon (Settings) icon, and then click Settings.
    Click Show advanced settings.
    Under Network, click Change proxy settings. ...
    Click the Content tab.
    Click “Clear SSL state”, and then click OK.
    Restart Chrome.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dan Marotta@21:1/5 to Mark Mocho on Wed Aug 3 09:56:57 2022
    Works with Brave.

Dan
    5J

On 8/2/22 19:26, Mark Mocho wrote:

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dan Kvinge@21:1/5 to Dan Marotta on Wed Aug 3 10:56:45 2022
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I tried them all, and no luck, but...when I agreed to trust this site (I was reluctant to do when my machine telling me to run away!), it went well enough to post a classified. The bummer is that now all my stored
    passwords have to be re-entered due to clearing the cache. But at least it's working and the rest of you aren't having problems so it probably/hopefully isn't some scary virus or trojan attacking my computers!
    Dan

On Wednesday, August 3, 2022 at 10:57:00 AM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
    Works with Brave.

Dan
    5J

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Eric Greenwell@21:1/5 to Dan Kvinge on Wed Aug 3 11:10:03 2022
    On 8/3/2022 10:56 AM, Dan Kvinge wrote:
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I tried them all, and no luck, but...when I agreed to trust this site (I was reluctant to do when my machine telling me to run away!), it went well enough to post a classified. The bummer is that now all my stored
    passwords have to be re-entered due to clearing the cache. But at least it's working and the rest of you aren't having problems so it probably/hopefully isn't some scary virus or trojan attacking my computers!
    Dan

On Wednesday, August 3, 2022 at 10:57:00 AM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
    Works with Brave.

Dan
    5J

Generally, "clearing the cache" doesn't have to your passwords. Chrome, for example,
    allows you to select "clearing the cache" separately from "passwords and other signed in
    data". That's under the Advanced tab, not the Basic tab.

--
    Eric Greenwell - USA
    - "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation"
    https://sites.google.com/site/motorgliders/publications

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05