• Re: For Sale!!

From Paul Remde@21:1/5 to youngbl...@gmail.com on Thu Jul 7 13:07:55 2022
    What does "TCSC" stand for?

On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 2:20:46 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    Recently a sign was posted at the entrance of our facility that went something like this. For Sale 78.6 acres zoned industrial. It looks like FEDX is in the process of purchasing the airport where TCSC has operated since our beginning about 6 years ago.
    I can honestly say this has been a dynamic club and we will continue hopefully without skipping a beat. My travels today included inspecting other locations for continuing our operation, and I must add that things look positive.
    Hopefully FEDX could make a nice donation toward our 501-c3 that would allow us to continue with our great club. To all of those whom have visited our club and follow us along the way we say thank you very much. Things like this happen and us in the
    soaring community are not immune to growth taking soaring sites for other purposes.
    The timeframe is not immediate, I anticipate a purchase process that could take a while, in the mean time we have several more kids to run through our youth program. Thanks to all for you support. Bob Youngblood

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 7 12:20:44 2022
    Recently a sign was posted at the entrance of our facility that went something like this. For Sale 78.6 acres zoned industrial. It looks like FEDX is in the process of purchasing the airport where TCSC has operated since our beginning about 6 years ago.
    I can honestly say this has been a dynamic club and we will continue hopefully without skipping a beat. My travels today included inspecting other locations for continuing our operation, and I must add that things look positive.
    Hopefully FEDX could make a nice donation toward our 501-c3 that would allow us to continue with our great club. To all of those whom have visited our club and follow us along the way we say thank you very much. Things like this happen and us in the
    soaring community are not immune to growth taking soaring sites for other purposes.
    The timeframe is not immediate, I anticipate a purchase process that could take a while, in the mean time we have several more kids to run through our youth program. Thanks to all for you support. Bob Youngblood

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Nixon@21:1/5 to pa...@remde.us on Thu Jul 7 13:20:54 2022
    On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 4:08:01 PM UTC-4, pa...@remde.us wrote:
    Recently a sign was posted at the entrance of our facility that went something like this. For Sale 78.6 acres zoned industrial. It looks like FEDX is in the process of purchasing the airport where TCSC has operated since our beginning about 6 years
    ago. I can honestly say this has been a dynamic club and we will continue hopefully without skipping a beat. My travels today included inspecting other locations for continuing our operation, and I must add that things look positive.

Treasure Coast Soaring Club

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From waltconnelly@aol.com@21:1/5 to Hank Nixon on Fri Jul 8 06:44:57 2022
    On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 4:25:03 PM UTC-4, Hank Nixon wrote:
    Recently a sign was posted at the entrance of our facility that went something like this. For Sale 78.6 acres zoned industrial. It looks like FEDX is in the process of purchasing the airport where TCSC has operated since our beginning about 6 years
    ago. I can honestly say this has been a dynamic club and we will continue hopefully without skipping a beat. My travels today included inspecting other locations for continuing our operation, and I must add that things look positive.
    Hopefully FEDX could make a nice donation toward our 501-c3 that would allow us to continue with our great club. To all of those whom have visited our club and follow us along the way we say thank you very much. Things like this happen and us in
    the soaring community are not immune to growth taking soaring sites for other purposes.

Pisser. Do you know the asking price for the 78.6 acres?

Walt

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to waltco...@aol.com on Fri Jul 8 10:11:12 2022
    On Friday, July 8, 2022 at 9:44:59 AM UTC-4, waltco...@aol.com wrote:
    Recently a sign was posted at the entrance of our facility that went something like this. For Sale 78.6 acres zoned industrial. It looks like FEDX is in the process of purchasing the airport where TCSC has operated since our beginning about 6
    years ago. I can honestly say this has been a dynamic club and we will continue hopefully without skipping a beat. My travels today included inspecting other locations for continuing our operation, and I must add that things look positive.
    Hopefully FEDX could make a nice donation toward our 501-c3 that would allow us to continue with our great club. To all of those whom have visited our club and follow us along the way we say thank you very much. Things like this happen and us in
    the soaring community are not immune to growth taking soaring sites for other purposes.

Walt
    12 million !

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to youngbl...@gmail.com on Sun Jul 10 13:45:09 2022
    On Friday, July 8, 2022 at 1:11:14 PM UTC-4, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    Recently a sign was posted at the entrance of our facility that went something like this. For Sale 78.6 acres zoned industrial. It looks like FEDX is in the process of purchasing the airport where TCSC has operated since our beginning about 6
    years ago. I can honestly say this has been a dynamic club and we will continue hopefully without skipping a beat. My travels today included inspecting other locations for continuing our operation, and I must add that things look positive.
    Hopefully FEDX could make a nice donation toward our 501-c3 that would allow us to continue with our great club. To all of those whom have visited our club and follow us along the way we say thank you very much. Things like this happen and us
    in the soaring community are not immune to growth taking soaring sites for other purposes.

Walt
    12 million !
    Not a done deal yet, but anything can happen. I have been looking into other options and to my surprise if this goes down we may never miss a beat, we are in the process of securing a soaring site that will last forever! I think it is time for the wife
    and I to be motor home gypsies and spend time on the road during some months so that we may enjoy flying gliders well into our golden years, although we are already there. We would like to stay in the south, maybe Alabama or Georgia for a while and then
    pack up and head out to the parts unknown. Maybe I can make it all the way to Washington to fly with my favorite fan 2G. Old Bob, The Purist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From waltconnelly@aol.com@21:1/5 to youngbl...@gmail.com on Mon Jul 11 06:13:59 2022
    On Sunday, July 10, 2022 at 4:45:10 PM UTC-4, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Friday, July 8, 2022 at 1:11:14 PM UTC-4, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hopefully FEDX could make a nice donation toward our 501-c3 that would allow us to continue with our great club. To all of those whom have visited our club and follow us along the way we say thank you very much. Things like this happen and us
    in the soaring community are not immune to growth taking soaring sites for other purposes.

Walt
    12 million !
    Not a done deal yet, but anything can happen. I have been looking into other options and to my surprise if this goes down we may never miss a beat, we are in the process of securing a soaring site that will last forever! I think it is time for the wife
    and I to be motor home gypsies and spend time on the road during some months so that we may enjoy flying gliders well into our golden years, although we are already there. We would like to stay in the south, maybe Alabama or Georgia for a while and then
    pack up and head out to the parts unknown. Maybe I can make it all the way to Washington to fly with my favorite fan 2G. Old Bob, The Purist

I was interested in putting together a group to purchase a business/gliderport. I was told (by one of many family lawyers) to never buy land that was locked into maintaining itself as a business for the good of those who live adjacent to that land.
    Such a situation inhibits the sale of the business and the land in the event of economic down turns. I was also told to never buy a business you didn't know like the back of your hand or one whose day to day functions you could not perform. I have
    managed a small airport in the past (Silver Springs Airport, now an RV/trailer park right near the attraction) have a business degree with a sales and marketing background and of course can fly tow and perform other flying duties as necessary. Always
    have an out. In addition, always have your own RE lawyer look at everything. Every time I am approached by one of these schmucks who want to buy my house (virtually new post fire) and I tell them all transactions will be handled thru my RE lawyer that's
    the last I hear from them. Good luck, hope you find a new place to soar.
    Walt

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05