• Re: List of currently registered Contest IDs?

From Hank Nixon@21:1/5 to John Johnson on Wed Jul 6 13:31:58 2022
    On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 4:24:37 PM UTC-4, John Johnson wrote:
    I searched the Contest ID portion of the SSA's Racing Rules and Information page but couldn't find a list of current IDs. Anyone have a path to the list?
    It would really be helpful to see what's been taken before trying to come up with a new one. Otherwise, I guess I'll see if the inquiry email address responds with a list.

thanks, JJ
    Go to SSA.org
    Sailplane Racing tab
    Other resources
    Contest numbers
    Online list
    I tried copying the link but it ties to membership ID signing on
    UH

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Johnson@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 6 13:24:35 2022
    I searched the Contest ID portion of the SSA's Racing Rules and Information page but couldn't find a list of current IDs. Anyone have a path to the list?
    It would really be helpful to see what's been taken before trying to come up with a new one. Otherwise, I guess I'll see if the inquiry email address responds with a list.

thanks, JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Johnson@21:1/5 to Hank Nixon on Wed Jul 6 14:54:31 2022
    On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 1:32:00 PM UTC-7, Hank Nixon wrote:
    Go to SSA.org
    Sailplane Racing tab
    Other resources
    Contest numbers
    Online list
    UH

Hank,
    Thanks for the fast answer. Unfortunately, I am unable to find an 'Other Resources' link on the Sailplane Racing tab. The "Racing Rules & Information" button on the Sailplane Racing tab takes me to a page with sections called "Other Information" and "
    Contest IDS" but following all the links offered doesn't get me to a list.

Sometimes it seems like there may be a different ssa.org versions with different site content For some reason, I see different web page views on Chrome, IE, and Edge. Chrome doesn't have named tabs on the homepage (it uses a drop-down list) but Edge
    does have tabs. IE's homepage is garbled. I also see different views based on being logged in or not. After trying every combination of the 3 browsers and log in status plus hitting all the links I could find... no luck.

If you have the list itself I'd appreciate if you could send it to my email: REMOVEjohncj525@gmail.com (removing the REMOVE first).

thanks, JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tom BravoMike@21:1/5 to Hank Nixon on Wed Jul 6 14:55:09 2022
    On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 3:32:00 PM UTC-5, Hank Nixon wrote:

thanks, JJ
    Go to SSA.org
    Sailplane Racing tab
    Other resources
    Contest numbers
    Online list
    UH

That's interesting. I was going to ask the same question about contest ID's. So here I am on the ssa.org site. No "Sailplane Racing" tab, but I have "Racing".
    No "Other resources", no "Contest numbers", No "Online list".

Am I looking in a wrong place? I've tried it on Edge and on Chrome. No luck.

Tom BravoMike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chip Bearden@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 6 15:20:58 2022
    I had the same problem a few weeks ago. The Racing Rules & Information page has a Contest ID section but there's no list. It instructs you to contact the SSA office to see what's available. There's a registration page but, again, no list; you give them
    your preference and they respond with what's available. This is a change from the previous site (and, yes, I tried coming thru the "members" link but no joy there, either).

I doubt many members try to access this functionality (I've had my contest # for almost 60 years!) so it may only now being surfaced as a problem.

Chip Bearden
    JB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JC Garrison@21:1/5 to Tom BravoMike on Wed Jul 6 15:22:01 2022
    Try this link

https://members.ssa.org/myhome.asp?mbr=2618219256&show=blog&id=3119

============

On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 5:55:11 PM UTC-4, Tom BravoMike wrote:
    On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 3:32:00 PM UTC-5, Hank Nixon wrote:

thanks, JJ
    Go to SSA.org
    Sailplane Racing tab
    Other resources
    Contest numbers
    Online list
    UH
    That's interesting. I was going to ask the same question about contest ID's. So here I am on the ssa.org site. No "Sailplane Racing" tab, but I have "Racing".

Tom BravoMike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Frank Whiteley@21:1/5 to John Johnson on Wed Jul 6 15:27:14 2022
    On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 3:54:32 PM UTC-6, John Johnson wrote:
    On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 1:32:00 PM UTC-7, Hank Nixon wrote:
    Go to SSA.org
    Sailplane Racing tab
    Other resources
    Contest numbers
    Online list
    UH
    Hank,
    Thanks for the fast answer. Unfortunately, I am unable to find an 'Other Resources' link on the Sailplane Racing tab. The "Racing Rules & Information" button on the Sailplane Racing tab takes me to a page with sections called "Other Information" and "
    Contest IDS" but following all the links offered doesn't get me to a list.

Sometimes it seems like there may be a different ssa.org versions with different site content For some reason, I see different web page views on Chrome, IE, and Edge. Chrome doesn't have named tabs on the homepage (it uses a drop-down list) but Edge
    does have tabs. IE's homepage is garbled. I also see different views based on being logged in or not. After trying every combination of the 3 browsers and log in status plus hitting all the links I could find... no luck.

If you have the list itself I'd appreciate if you could send it to my email: REMOVEj...@gmail.com (removing the REMOVE first).

thanks, JJ
    Do what UH says, but start at https://members.ssa.org If you have trouble logging in there, e-mail webmaster@ssa.org

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Johnson@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 6 15:27:34 2022

Tom BravoMike

Tom,
    I just got off the phone with a friend who gave me detailed instructions while he was looking at the website. My same attempts failed when I tried to go to the members.ssa.org to log in (page not found). Magically just now, that site appeared on my
    browser and I got to the information. Try this:

SSA.org --> Racing --> Registration (takes you to members.ssa.org login - which is a different log in from the main SSA.org site) --> Sailplane Racing -- dropdown to Other Resources/Contest Numbers.

What a convoluted mess! However, I think the members.ssa.org site was temporarily down in my earlier attempts.

JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chip Bearden@21:1/5 to JC Garrison on Wed Jul 6 18:47:45 2022
    On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 6:22:04 PM UTC-4, JC Garrison wrote:
    Try this link

https://members.ssa.org/myhome.asp?mbr=2618219256&show=blog&id=3119

Thx! This worked for me. It looks a little dated: refers to available two-digit numbers (and that's all it shows) and the posting date at the bottom of the list is 21 Apr 2021. I also saw a few IDs I'm pretty sure are taken and used regularly by pilots.
    But it's more than I was able to find a month ago.

Chip Bearden
    JB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tom BravoMike@21:1/5 to John Johnson on Wed Jul 6 19:06:30 2022
    On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 5:27:36 PM UTC-5, John Johnson wrote:

Tom BravoMike
    Tom,
    I just got off the phone with a friend who gave me detailed instructions while he was looking at the website. My same attempts failed when I tried to go to the members.ssa.org to log in (page not found). Magically just now, that site appeared on my
    browser and I got to the information. Try this:

SSA.org --> Racing --> Registration (takes you to members.ssa.org login - which is a different log in from the main SSA.org site) --> Sailplane Racing -- dropdown to Other Resources/Contest Numbers.

What a convoluted mess! However, I think the members.ssa.org site was temporarily down in my earlier attempts.

JJ

Thanks, John. To me it looks like it takes you to the same site that JC Garrison pointed to above - the old version of the SSA website. I wonder if the information is up-to-date.

Tom BravoMike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05