• Re: Cowley, Alberta Summer Camp is a go, July 23rd to Aug 1st

From George Haeh@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 5 16:14:27 2022
    Here is the link to the Cowley registration form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfe-zYHOdzACH8VLEo38Z_4liXpNKxs2Fa7QlWARHtzxRc1RA/viewform?usp=sf_link

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From George Haeh@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 5 16:11:41 2022
    I'm copying this email for pilots outside Alberta.

US participants will need to be vaccinated and enroll on ArriveCAN to enter Canada. The website works better than the app. I recommend printing the ArriveCAN receipt for presentation to Canada Customs. They are happy to see it.

I'd like to introduce the Cowley directors for this year, who are George Haeh [the poster, George.Haeh@soaring.ab.ca] , Sheldon Steinke, and myself Ray Troppmann.

We are going to automate the registration and waiver this year with a Google form, I'll send a link to the form in the near future.

TUS (Take Up Slack) will be used for daily flight tracking. Pilots payments will be credited to their TUS account and all and all fees which would be registration, tows, winch, O2 refills and any other merchandise purchases will be made from their TUS
    account.
    What happens to tow tickets and wimpy stickers that I already have? They can be redeemed for a balance credit that will be applied to your Take Up Slack profile. See one of the Cowley directors when you arrive at Cowley to complete this process.
    If you don't already have a Take Up Slack profile, navigate to https://takeupslack.com/signup/ to create one.
    We will also be providing TUS usage video prior to the camp if you're unfamiliar with TUS.

E-transfer [unavailable from US bank accounts] is the preferred method of payment, we will also accept cheques.
    E Transfer to: payments@soaring.ab.ca

Prior to attending all pilots must read the Cowley Guide which is attached to this Email.

Saturday July 23rd will be used for camp setup, airfield maintenance and glider rigging etc.
    Pilots meeting will start on Sunday at 09:30 by the cook shack

No Campfires are allowed

Cost of registration is $100 for the week or $25 per day if you are only planning on staying a few days
    Tow charge will be $20 / 1000 foot. ( no wimpies)
    Winch launch will be $7.
    O2 refills will be $20

The Camp dinner is usually held on the Sunday which will be July 31st.
    Other evening activities can be arranged. In the past people have brought their motorbike to explore the back roads.

If you are bringing a RV there is a dump station and water available in Lundbreck by the fire hall. 15 minutes away.

Looking forward to seeing you there for an enjoyable week.

--
    Ray Troppmann
    Alberta Soaring Council
    Vice President
    780 -982 0790
    ray.troppmann@soaring.ab.ca

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George Haeh@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 5 19:50:04 2022
    Link to Cowley Guide:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12XBDRagiFRRcltq3G6bz2x_o6J3DjFKc/view?usp=drivesdk

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05