• Re: Ventus C being parted-out

From wtPGC@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jul 1 05:45:47 2022
    We are looking for the left wing outer aileron section for a Ventus C. Any chance it may still be salvageable from this destroyed wing? Or anybody have an idea where to find one? SH no longer makes replacements.
    Thanks
    Wolfgang
    PZ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Charles Dutch@21:1/5 to wtPGC on Fri Jul 1 09:03:06 2022
    On Friday, July 1, 2022 at 7:45:51 AM UTC-5, wtPGC wrote:
    We are looking for the left wing outer aileron section for a Ventus C. Any chance it may still be salvageable from this destroyed wing? Or anybody have an idea where to find one? SH no longer makes replacements.
    Thanks
    Wolfgang
    PZ
    All of the remaining parts from the Ventus-C are in the possession of:
    Gary Davis at:
    Garyinflight@yahoo.com
    (615) 394-4592

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From david.hirst.nz@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Oct 20 10:20:56 2022
    So here's an update and a request for help. After locating this fuselage I managed to find a few other bits, get the original wreck off the insurance company and budget the rebuild to something reasonable. This took a while, as you can imagine. Gary
    was getting a bit annoyed at the emails bouncing back and forward but I hit the "go" button in July this year and sent Gary the money for the fuselage and crating it up. The money "got lost" for a couple of weeks and quotes for shipping took a very long
    time to arrive.
    The issue now is one of paperwork and this is where I need the help of someone in Gary's area (Lascassas, near Nashville). It seems that he really doesn't like paperwork, especially the kind required for shipping crates internationally. I (and the
    shipping agents) have filled out all his paperwork for him but it seems he can't/won't email signed forms back to the agents. My last email was something like "Here's a few items of info. Please reply and say 'I confirm'." No response.
    The fuselage is all crated up, the forms are mostly complete but I need someone to work with Gary to finish the paperwork. Either that or I need a volunteer to act as the shipper. I have nothing to offer but my everlasting gratitude and a good bottle
    of Martinborough pinot noir to anyone who can assist. david dot hirst dot nz at gmail dot com, or reply here.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05