• Airspace Violations And NMAC Major Concern!

From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jun 27 05:03:16 2022
    During the past year there have been concerns from the FAA regarding Airspace Violations and NMAC. Our club was notified about airspace violations within the State of Florida during a major contest during 2021. During 2021 and 22 we have had several NMAC
    with corporate jets and one turbine powered aircraft. All of these incidents have resulted in a proactive plan, LOA, between our club and the FAA to increase awareness and provide some level of protection.
    When I see airspace violations by glider pilots it is very troubling. Our club does not tolerate such irresponsible activity, it is a black eye on the entire soaring community. When a violation occurs it raises the eye of big brother, and having had many
    conversations with BB about NMAC's I can assure you that the eye is upon us. I see contest where there were penalties for airspace violations, yet the culprit continues to fly. The SSA should have a mandatory penalty for such violations and therefore
    eliminate any contestant from the field, this irresponsible activity should never happen with the technology of today. Old Bob, The Purist.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From R@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jun 27 11:46:37 2022
    Did something recent happen or are you in need of attention?

R

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jun 27 12:58:55 2022
    On Monday, June 27, 2022 at 2:46:41 PM UTC-4, R wrote:
    Did something recent happen or are you in need of attention?

R
    I will have the FAA call you next time!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05