• Re: IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

From M Gr@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 4 03:38:13 2022
    beec...@gmail.com kirjutas Kolmapäev, 6. oktoober 2021 kl 03:25:57 UTC+3:
    On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 5:05:07 AM UTC-5, Peter Whitehead wrote:
    On Friday, 4 March 2016 16:19:03 UTC, mmask...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 1:09:23 AM UTC-6, Peter Whitehead wrote:
    Hi, Pete ("edenpete") from UK here. Good news.I have been invited to apply to the Rumanian Aeroclub for the package related to their STC to extend the life of my IS-28B2("Lark" 2-seater). This will cost 500 Euro (glider specific, based on serial
    number). This will be necessary for all EASA gliders, it will be up to your own country's technical organisation to decide what steps it wishes to take regarding this, if outside EASA.
    Good luck. Pete

Hello Pete, thanks for the update. I am wondering if there is a chance of obtaining a copy of the IS29D2 Service Bulletin that you received from the Romanian Aeroclub for our review and presentation to Transport Canada in defense of a privately
    owned IS29D2 that has now been grounded. Thanks, Mike
    Mike, I shall send some photocopies (re IS29 SB) by post if you give me your address. I have emailed you direct. Pete
    Hi Pete,

Could you please email me a copy of this SB also ? I cannot get aeroclub romaniei to respond to my request to supply the complete SB.
    I can see first 5 pages but the cover page shows There are 47 pages in total.

They have only replied to my request for manuals and quoted me 200 euro for MM
    400 euro for repair manual
    100 euro for the IPC

I have all these manuals presently but they have not clarified if the manuals they sell are updated or needed to remove the life limitation
    per SB-IS-29-AR-01

Thank you very much,

Stuart
    Hello everybody, IS-30 might be a little off-topic but i will ask anyway: does anyone have copy of Repair Manual? We have our club IS-30 going through life time cancellation SB and maintenance manual mentions this document exists, we would like to make
    some repairs on cracked seat bottom/floor plate.
    Quote from latest revision maintenance manual:
    "the overhaul consists of all the 100 and 200 hours operations and also those mentioned in the
    adjacent table. Details regarding remediation of damages are specified in the glider „Repair Manual” "

It might be common manual for IS gliders since mo document number or anything ele mentioned just „Repair Manual”
    With best regards
    Marko

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From M Gr@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 4 03:50:22 2022
    Hi, Pete ("edenpete") from UK here. Good news.I have been invited to apply to the Rumanian Aeroclub for the package related to their STC to extend the life of my IS-28B2("Lark" 2-seater). This will cost 500 Euro (glider specific, based on serial
    number). This will be necessary for all EASA gliders, it will be up to your own country's technical organisation to decide what steps it wishes to take regarding this, if outside EASA.
    Good luck. Pete

Hello Pete, thanks for the update. I am wondering if there is a chance of obtaining a copy of the IS29D2 Service Bulletin that you received from the Romanian Aeroclub for our review and presentation to Transport Canada in defense of a privately
    Mike, I shall send some photocopies (re IS29 SB) by post if you give me your address. I have emailed you direct. Pete
    Hi Pete,

Could you please email me a copy of this SB also ? I cannot get aeroclub romaniei to respond to my request to supply the complete SB.

100 euro for the IPC

I have all these manuals presently but they have not clarified if the manuals they sell are updated or needed to remove the life limitation
    per SB-IS-29-AR-01

Thank you very much,

Stuart

HI Dear Mr. Stuart, i noticed your e-mail about having IS repair manual. I have IS-30 and it had done 1000h overhaul+lifelimit cancellation SB. But i might get in trouble with earlier repair done by replacing aft cocpit floor paned that our CAA did not
    like at latest visit although it was pfmd by prof. ac sheetmetal worker. So some references to repair doc would be helping me out. Can you be so kind and share it if possible?
    Many thanks in advance!!!
    Marko

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Robert Francis@21:1/5 to M Gr on Tue Aug 22 17:00:01 2023
    On Tuesday, October 4, 2022 at 7:38:15 AM UTC-3, M Gr wrote:
    Hi, Pete ("edenpete") from UK here. Good news.I have been invited to apply to the Rumanian Aeroclub for the package related to their STC to extend the life of my IS-28B2("Lark" 2-seater). This will cost 500 Euro (glider specific, based on
    serial number). This will be necessary for all EASA gliders, it will be up to your own country's technical organisation to decide what steps it wishes to take regarding this, if outside EASA.
    Good luck. Pete

Hi Pete,

100 euro for the IPC

per SB-IS-29-AR-01

Thank you very much,

Stuart
    Hello everybody, IS-30 might be a little off-topic but i will ask anyway: does anyone have copy of Repair Manual? We have our club IS-30 going through life time cancellation SB and maintenance manual mentions this document exists, we would like to make
    some repairs on cracked seat bottom/floor plate.
    Quote from latest revision maintenance manual:
    "the overhaul consists of all the 100 and 200 hours operations and also those mentioned in the
    adjacent table. Details regarding remediation of damages are specified in the glider „Repair Manual” "

It might be common manual for IS gliders since mo document number or anything ele mentioned just „Repair Manual”
    With best regards
    Marko
    Hello I recently purchased IS28B2 SN 209. I have repair manual for this aircraft and spar parts manual. I need information on how to comply with SB-IS-28B2-AR-01, we find cracks in tail and need to make the repair. Any advice or help ?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05