• Re: Dittel KRT2 disfunction

From David Smith@21:1/5 to Andrzej Kobus on Fri Jun 17 05:29:24 2022
    On Sunday, 15 November 2020 at 12:52:01 UTC, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
    On Tuesday, November 10, 2020 at 6:56:56 PM UTC-5, tow...@gmail.com wrote:
    I almost bought a KRT2 radio, because I liked that it stored and displayed a name for each frequency. My present radio stores a list of frequencies, but requires me to remember which they are for. Which of course I can't do.
    Indeed that is a nice feature and the reason I bought the radio.

Lots of reports of loss of modulation so that the KRT2 just transmits carrier. Mine is doing this now after crashing in flight. has anyone solved this problem? Description of fault below:

I have a KRT-2-S transceiver bought new about 4 years ago. It is fitted in a glider.

It suffered a s/w crash recently while flying and it stopped responding to the user controls.

Switching the unit off and on solved this problem but it began displaying a "Not Cleared" message when switched on. This is not covered in the manual.

The unit has now stopped transmitting, only carrier wave is produced.
    It shows an error message R_R_mak which is not covered in the manual.

I have tried restoring the unit to defaults which lost all my memory frequencies which took hours to enter.
    I have tested the microphone and repeated the microphone set-up process in AUTO mode.

On searching the internet this is a VERY common fault.
    This appears to be a s/w fault, is it possible to update the firmware with a bug fix?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Martin Gregorie@21:1/5 to David Smith on Fri Jun 17 13:24:43 2022
    On Fri, 17 Jun 2022 05:29:24 -0700 (PDT), David Smith wrote:

Lots of reports of loss of modulation so that the KRT2 just transmits carrier. Mine is doing this now after crashing in flight. has anyone
    solved this problem? Description of fault below:

My KRT2, one of the earlier units, did this a few years back. The agent
    I'd bought it from sent the radio back to Germany for repair. Its been OK
    since then. However, this happened before Dittel got bought out by TQ, so things could be different now.

--

Martin | martin at
    Gregorie | gregorie dot org

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)