• 38th Annual Dust Devil Dash!

From Thomas Coussens@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jun 13 09:39:56 2022
    “It is always great coming back to Mountain Valley knowing I have some great friends there who are always available to help out and make trips like this possible!”  Thorsten Streppel – KD – 2021 DDD Champion

“I’m so glad that I flew the DDD this year - what a fantastic adventure.”  Kathy Fosha - 0F

“Looking forward to next year.”  Dave Heffel - GT

“Overall one of the funnest flights of the year.”  Niv Levy – 20C

“…gotta love the DDD!”  Larry Tuohino – HU

The Dust Devil Dash is a one-day straight out handicapped distance event for sailplanes and motor gliders.  Conditions permitting, past participants have flown to destinations as far away as southern Idaho, central Oregon and central Arizona.

The 2022 Dust Devil Dash will be held on Saturday, September 10th, at Mountain Valley Airport (L94). All pilots are welcome to participate.  All sailplane and motor glider types, (including vintage, modern, single and two-seat) are included.  Pilots
    are responsible for paying for their own tows and bringing their own chase crews to the event.  Camping facilities and aerotows are available through Skylark North (661-822-5267).  Hotels and other amenities are available in nearby Tehachapi.

Spectators and guests are welcome to view the activities as the sailplanes are staged and launched and to track pilots real-time who participate in tracking networks such as glideandseek.com.

For more information, please contact Tom Coussens at coussenstom@gmail.com or call or text at 661-993-3411.  DDD Rules and Procedures will be emailed about a month before the event.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)