• Re: Are CFIG's Tow Pilots Nightmares? See the current issue of SOARING.

From Bill Hill@21:1/5 to Bill Hill on Thu Jun 9 07:54:41 2022
    On Thursday, June 9, 2022 at 8:49:27 AM UTC-6, Bill Hill wrote:
    On Wednesday, June 8, 2022 at 1:12:08 PM UTC-6, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    Getting back to soaring related topics, I as a tow pilot have had a few interesting tows, and the most dangerous tows that I have experienced have come at the hands of CFIG's, and in one instance two CFIG's were in the towed sailplane. Why would a
    CFIG, let a student get so far out of control at an altitude of less than 100 feet?
    I personally think the tow pilot knows more about what is going on in the towed glider than the occupants of the said glider. Self launch guys please don't enlighten us purist with your opinions, yet go ahead, it is a free country. Old Bob, The Purist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Bill Hill@21:1/5 to youngbl...@gmail.com on Thu Jun 9 07:49:25 2022
    On Wednesday, June 8, 2022 at 1:12:08 PM UTC-6, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    Getting back to soaring related topics, I as a tow pilot have had a few interesting tows, and the most dangerous tows that I have experienced have come at the hands of CFIG's, and in one instance two CFIG's were in the towed sailplane. Why would a CFIG,
    let a student get so far out of control at an altitude of less than 100 feet?
    I personally think the tow pilot knows more about what is going on in the towed glider than the occupants of the said glider. Self launch guys please don't enlighten us purist with your opinions, yet go ahead, it is a free country. Old Bob, The Purist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)