• Gas Strut for Pegase 101A

From craig scott@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 26 09:11:03 2022
    Hi,

Just removed the gas strut from my Pegase and now looking for a replacement. Anyone know which one to get specifically?

My challenge is that the current strut has an M10 thread with a 10mm rod diameter and a 22mm cylinder diameter. I need a strut with an M10 thread so it will screw into the eye already installed in the nose - but all the strut websites I've looked at
    require a 14mm rod and 27mm cylinder to get an M10 thread and I''m worried it'll be a bit tight....

Thanks in advance.

Craig

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Haven@21:1/5 to craig.mcfa...@gmail.com on Tue Apr 26 22:16:45 2022
    On Tuesday, April 26, 2022 at 9:11:06 AM UTC-7, craig.mcfa...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi,

Just removed the gas strut from my Pegase and now looking for a replacement. Anyone know which one to get specifically?

My challenge is that the current strut has an M10 thread with a 10mm rod diameter and a 22mm cylinder diameter. I need a strut with an M10 thread so it will screw into the eye already installed in the nose - but all the strut websites I've looked at
    require a 14mm rod and 27mm cylinder to get an M10 thread and I''m worried it'll be a bit tight....

Thanks in advance.

Craig
    I got one a while back from Williams Soaring Center.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Nixon@21:1/5 to craig.mcfa...@gmail.com on Wed Apr 27 05:55:28 2022
    On Tuesday, April 26, 2022 at 12:11:06 PM UTC-4, craig.mcfa...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Craig
    One useful source is Bansbach Easy lift
    UH

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George Underhill@21:1/5 to craig.mcfa...@gmail.com on Tue May 3 08:44:24 2022
    On Tuesday, April 26, 2022 at 11:11:06 AM UTC-5, craig.mcfa...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Craig

Hi Craig,

I needed to replace the gas springs on a PZL trailer for an SZD Junior and had a good experience with American Gas Springs in Oregon. I spoke with an engineer there and emailed my specs and they supplied them in a reasonable time at a fair price. I
    needed two 14/28 850N springs, which are fairly large (14mm rod/28mm cylinder). $159 each in 2020. If all else fails I'd give them a call and supply your specs.

At that time, Gert Reve, director of engineering and marketing, was the gentleman I corresponded with.

Take care,

George

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gianni Isotope@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 3 11:17:54 2022
    LS Technologies in Canada ( www.lstechnologies.ca) will custom build a canopy strut to your specifications, at a very affordable price. They will need to know the pressure rating, center to center extended length, rod diameter, and size of the end holes (
    diameter and length).

They made me a replacement strut for my LS7 a few years ago for $38 CAD plus shipping to the U.S., which was not expensive. The replacement did not have bearings embedded in the end holes like my original, but it installed easily and works fine.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05