• Re: Need to find Pawnee 235 fuel strainer

From Charles Longley@21:1/5 to vicepr...@illinigliderclub.org on Sun Apr 24 10:04:45 2022
    On Sunday, April 24, 2022 at 8:23:25 AM UTC-8, vicepr...@illinigliderclub.org wrote:
    Could anyone help us to locate Fuel strainer for the Pawnee 235?

In the manual at the Fuel system installation listed as line 22, part number 64270.
    This is a 35.-3.75" O-ring. Sorry, we did not remove it yet but I have a picture of it. The outside ring is black rubber with a lip and a stainless screen in the center of it. The mechanic calls it the gasotator seal.
    Thank you guys!
    Are you just looking for the O-ring or the entire gascolator? The O-ring should be a generic MS part number. I use Johnston Aircraft and Univair for most of my Pawnee parts orders.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Illini Glider Club Vice President@21:1/5 to All on Sun Apr 24 09:23:23 2022

In the manual at the Fuel system installation listed as line 22, part number 64270.
    This is a 35.-3.75" O-ring. Sorry, we did not remove it yet but I have a picture of it. The outside ring is black rubber with a lip and a stainless screen in the center of it. The mechanic calls it the gasotator seal.
    Thank you guys!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to vicepr...@illinigliderclub.org on Sun Apr 24 14:52:35 2022
    On Sunday, April 24, 2022 at 12:23:25 PM UTC-4, vicepr...@illinigliderclub.org wrote:

Thank you guys!
    I have a new one that was like the original, sorry I must keep it for myself. The option is to get one and cut it down to fit, that seems to be what everyone else does. Please correct me if I am wrong, I would lke to buy more of the originals and not
    have to alter the new screen. Old Bob, The Purist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Illini Glider Club Vice President@21:1/5 to kuzi...@gmail.com on Tue Apr 26 17:40:47 2022
    On Sunday, April 24, 2022 at 1:04:47 PM UTC-4, kuzi...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Sunday, April 24, 2022 at 8:23:25 AM UTC-8, vicepr...@illinigliderclub.org wrote:

Thank you guys!
    Are you just looking for the O-ring or the entire gascolator? The O-ring should be a generic MS part number. I use Johnston Aircraft and Univair for most of my Pawnee parts orders.

Thank you for your input. We ordered one from Johnston Aircraft for $56. I was told that we will need to modify the center hole size in the mesh because this is made for the PA Comanche. They could order the proper ring from Argentina for the
    unbelievable price of $245 each. Also, I learned that we cannot use an automotive o-ring from Napa, because the aviation fuel requires a different material. A small item like this keeping us from flying.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05