• SeeYou Navigator update 2.4.0+1386

From Michael N.@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 21 15:23:37 2022
    I just noted SeeYou Navigator update 2.4.0+1386 and installed it.

I am wondering what others think of the update and am wondering about some still missing features.

I am trying to migrate from Oudie 2 with SeeYou to SeeYou Navigator on Android, and was hoping to see two features in particular.
    1) The ability to see landing way points highlighted in green if within current L/D. This is very helpful in the Oudie especially when doing free flight or OLC cross country.
    2) Flarm traffic on the map. I am running an S80 as my primary various and purched the Bluetooth dongle which connects just fine e and passes various data to Navigator. However I did not see that in the update. However I have not tested the new
    version SW yet while flying so maybe I missed it.

Also as a side note the elevations noted on terrain features is always in meters. I set my units of measure to imperial but the terrain map is still shown in meters.

In general I like Navigator and am trying to get some more experience flying with it.

Anyway just looking for some feedback from other users or the Naviter guys.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From George Haeh@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 21 16:15:48 2022
    Unfortunately this release crashes immediately on my Nexus 7 2013 running Android 11.

Occasionally a new release can be unusable on certain platforms and there's at present no way to revert to a release that worked.

New features are always nice, but the primary need is a version that doesn't crash.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael N.@21:1/5 to georg...@gmail.com on Thu Apr 21 16:33:58 2022
    On Thursday, 5pril 21, 2022 at 7:15:50 PM UTC-4, georg...@gmail.com wrote:
    Unfortunately this release crashes immediately on my Nexus 7 2013 running Android 11.

Occasionally a new release can be unusable on certain platforms and there's at present no way to revert to a release that worked.

New features are always nice, but the primary need is a version that doesn't crash.
    I tried running Navigator on a Google Nexus 7, which is a nice bright tablet. Android 11 on that unit is a 3rd party Android build. I worked on it for a while and could not get Navigator working correctly. So I gave the old Nexus 7 to my grandkids and
    bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 8.7 inch display and all my Navigator issues went away and it runs smoothly on the current March 2022 Android 11 build.

The A7 Lite has a bright display and can be purist for around $100.

I did like the idea of the Nexus but it is outdated hardware with a 3rd party Android build. You might want to look at the Samsung just my .02 worth.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dave Springford@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 21 17:40:54 2022
    Naviter has a running list of items in the works for Navigator (Oudie N) here :

https://naviter.com/compare-oudie-n/

Flarm radar is expected to be completed right about now.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George Haeh@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 22 10:14:00 2022
    Naviter has informed me that they have found the bug and will fixing it soon.

N7 2013 screen resolution is 1920 x 1200. So far I haven't found a 7" tablet that comes close except for the Sony Xperia Z3 tablet compact which has better hardware quality, but is a royal pita to upgrade to a recent Android level.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kirk.stant@21:1/5 to All on Sun Apr 24 11:10:00 2022
    I'm also waiting for at least having L/D to all airfields/landing points displayed as well as full Flarm integration as on legacy Oudie2 - until then Navigator is just a pretty app on my iPhone. OK backup, I suppose, but not a serious piece of kit. Shame,
    as the hardware is nice.

Oh and airspace? Where are the Mode C (ADS-B) veils? Not showing up in my area on Navigator (2.4.0).

Anybody got an Oudie IGC they want to donate to our club for a tax writeoff?

Kirk

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05