• Re: Ventus ballast leak

From Jay Campbell@21:1/5 to rene...@gmail.com on Sun Jul 17 16:07:46 2022
    On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 7:16:48 AM UTC-5, rene...@gmail.com wrote:
    @JayCampbell, would appreciate any help with this. I have the same issue with my Ventus B Sn161. Water leaking from the actuating rod into the fuzelage and then out the wheel well. Been considering all kinds of options and in my mind there must be an
    easier way fix or even slow down the leak, than cutting holes in the bottom of the wing. Any help would be appreciated. Best Rene
    I had my first actuator leak at the wing root of my Discus CS just last week. I've already designed, built, and tested a fix that can be made external of the wing. Very simple, but very effective. If you would like a description and a picture, just
    contact me. If you have a lathe, you can make it yourself; if not, any local machine shop can do the job with a few parts from McMaster Carr.

If there is anyone I did not get back to, apologies. My email is listed on SSA member locator page. Send me a request and I will give you all the information you need.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Rene Lans@21:1/5 to Rene Lans on Sun Jul 31 02:20:57 2022
    @Jay Campbell, implemented your solution. So far it worked perfectly. No need to cut holes in the wings to replace the perished bellows.Thanks a lot for your guidance.

On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 2:16:48 PM UTC+2, Rene Lans wrote:
    @JayCampbell, would appreciate any help with this. I have the same issue with my Ventus B Sn161. Water leaking from the actuating rod into the fuzelage and then out the wheel well. Been considering all kinds of options and in my mind there must be an
    easier way fix or even slow down the leak, than cutting holes in the bottom of the wing. Any help would be appreciated. Best Rene
    I had my first actuator leak at the wing root of my Discus CS just last week. I've already designed, built, and tested a fix that can be made external of the wing. Very simple, but very effective. If you would like a description and a picture, just
    contact me. If you have a lathe, you can make it yourself; if not, any local machine shop can do the job with a few parts from McMaster Carr.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From philippe urban@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 8 08:31:57 2023
    Le lundi 18 juillet 2022 à 01:07:48 UTC+2, campbe...@gmail.com a écrit :
    On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 7:16:48 AM UTC-5, rene...@gmail.com wrote:
    If there is anyone I did not get back to, apologies. My email is listed on SSA member locator page. Send me a request and I will give you all the information you need.

Hello @JayCampbell
    We have a Ventus C
    Please, could you send me your solution ?
    Thanks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05