• Re: The Sky Hag

From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to youngbl...@gmail.com on Sun Apr 24 15:15:12 2022
    On Saturday, February 5, 2022 at 6:33:26 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Sunday, December 19, 2021 at 4:42:58 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 11:06:08 AM UTC-5, Chris Behm wrote:
    On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 4:49:44 AM UTC-8, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Thursday, December 16, 2021 at 8:53:07 PM UTC-5, Papa3 wrote:
    On Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 3:55:11 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    After a total rebuild of our club 233 we are nearing completion and will be adding this old bird back on the line as our primary trainer. Take a look at the Soaring Forum and you can see the pictures of our nearly completed project. The name
    Sky Hag will be painted just below the pirate skull.
    Let me know what you think of the Sky Hag. Old Bob, The Purist
    Beautiful work. Great to see other clubs taking on big projects. Curious what you found in the way of corrosion in the tubing, especially in the lower tubes and the main cluster in the gear area.

Hard to believe that our 2-33 project (The Mad Cow) is already 10 years old.

P3
    Papa3, I did a considerable amount of work in restoring this old girl, and the corrosion was not a problem but somewhere in the life of the Hag she was ground looped and some of the tubing was bent. We sent the fuselage back to K&L where it was
    put in the jig and brought back to new specs. I then had the fuselage media blasted and the entire fuselage powder coated, probably the only powder coated 233 fuselage in the world. I then started the fabric covering with ceconite and completed with the
    Stits system. During this ordeal I stripped the wings, did some cosmetic repairs and went ahead with the prime and paint. At this point we are finishing with the trimming and installation of the new interior and getting ready to assemble for the journey
    to the finish line. I am working on a video of this restoration project and will be posting as soon as the HAG is completed.
    I have extended an offer to "R", so he could be our guest and be one of the first to fly the "HAG", I told him the "HAG", would even make him look good! I fully expect "R", to motorglide on up to X52 and join the celebration for the flying "HAG".
    We also have an LS3 A that is nearing completion and only lacking a canopy, so if anyone has a canopy for an LS3 please let me know. I will be posting more pictures in the Soaring Group page soon. Thanks for taking a look at the "HAG", we will be
    happy to have the old girl back in the sky training new glider pilots both young and old. Old Bob, The Purist
    I still think my last suggestion of "Treasure Chest" is a better name, Bob.
    That 2-33 sure does look beautiful. Nice job on the resto. I would love to fly that beauty, whatever the name!

Safe Landings,
    Chris Behm "Target"
    Check out the new pic posted today of the progress. Some very exciting news about to be release on the future of the SKYHAG. Old Bob, The Purist
    Great news on the 233 project, we will be assembling the wings to the "HAG" this coming week. Our club project has taken longer than expected, but the end result will be impressive. I will be posting a few more pics on the Soaring Forum Group site, Old
    Bob, The Purist
    Check out the progress made on the Sky Hag, Soaring Forum Group

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to youngbl...@gmail.com on Thu May 26 14:01:50 2022
    On Sunday, April 24, 2022 at 6:15:14 PM UTC-4, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 3:55:11 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    After a total rebuild of our club 233 we are nearing completion and will be adding this old bird back on the line as our primary trainer. Take a look at the Soaring Forum and you can see the pictures of our nearly completed project. The
    name Sky Hag will be painted just below the pirate skull.
    Beautiful work. Great to see other clubs taking on big projects. Curious what you found in the way of corrosion in the tubing, especially in the lower tubes and the main cluster in the gear area.

P3
    Papa3, I did a considerable amount of work in restoring this old girl, and the corrosion was not a problem but somewhere in the life of the Hag she was ground looped and some of the tubing was bent. We sent the fuselage back to K&L where it was
    put in the jig and brought back to new specs. I then had the fuselage media blasted and the entire fuselage powder coated, probably the only powder coated 233 fuselage in the world. I then started the fabric covering with ceconite and completed with the
    Stits system. During this ordeal I stripped the wings, did some cosmetic repairs and went ahead with the prime and paint. At this point we are finishing with the trimming and installation of the new interior and getting ready to assemble for the journey
    to the finish line. I am working on a video of this restoration project and will be posting as soon as the HAG is completed.
    I have extended an offer to "R", so he could be our guest and be one of the first to fly the "HAG", I told him the "HAG", would even make him look good! I fully expect "R", to motorglide on up to X52 and join the celebration for the flying "HAG"
    We also have an LS3 A that is nearing completion and only lacking a canopy, so if anyone has a canopy for an LS3 please let me know. I will be posting more pictures in the Soaring Group page soon. Thanks for taking a look at the "HAG", we will
    be happy to have the old girl back in the sky training new glider pilots both young and old. Old Bob, The Purist
    That 2-33 sure does look beautiful. Nice job on the resto. I would love to fly that beauty, whatever the name!

Safe Landings,
    Chris Behm "Target"
    Check out the new pic posted today of the progress. Some very exciting news about to be release on the future of the SKYHAG. Old Bob, The Purist
    Great news on the 233 project, we will be assembling the wings to the "HAG" this coming week. Our club project has taken longer than expected, but the end result will be impressive. I will be posting a few more pics on the Soaring Forum Group site,
    Old Bob, The Purist
    The, "Sky Hag", is almost finished, only the past and current PURIST will appreciate how the old girl looks. I just posted a few pics on the Soaring Forum Group, I hope the youth members like the old girl. Old Bob, The Purist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to youngbl...@gmail.com on Tue Jun 21 14:54:43 2022
    On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 5:01:52 PM UTC-4, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    After a total rebuild of our club 233 we are nearing completion and will be adding this old bird back on the line as our primary trainer. Take a look at the Soaring Forum and you can see the pictures of our nearly completed project. The

P3
    Papa3, I did a considerable amount of work in restoring this old girl, and the corrosion was not a problem but somewhere in the life of the Hag she was ground looped and some of the tubing was bent. We sent the fuselage back to K&L where it
    was put in the jig and brought back to new specs. I then had the fuselage media blasted and the entire fuselage powder coated, probably the only powder coated 233 fuselage in the world. I then started the fabric covering with ceconite and completed with
    the Stits system. During this ordeal I stripped the wings, did some cosmetic repairs and went ahead with the prime and paint. At this point we are finishing with the trimming and installation of the new interior and getting ready to assemble for the
    journey to the finish line. I am working on a video of this restoration project and will be posting as soon as the HAG is completed.
    I have extended an offer to "R", so he could be our guest and be one of the first to fly the "HAG", I told him the "HAG", would even make him look good! I fully expect "R", to motorglide on up to X52 and join the celebration for the flying "
    HAG".
    We also have an LS3 A that is nearing completion and only lacking a canopy, so if anyone has a canopy for an LS3 please let me know. I will be posting more pictures in the Soaring Group page soon. Thanks for taking a look at the "HAG", we
    will be happy to have the old girl back in the sky training new glider pilots both young and old. Old Bob, The Purist

Safe Landings,
    Chris Behm "Target"
    Great news on the 233 project, we will be assembling the wings to the "HAG" this coming week. Our club project has taken longer than expected, but the end result will be impressive. I will be posting a few more pics on the Soaring Forum Group site,
    Old Bob, The Purist
    The, "Sky Hag", is almost finished, only the past and current PURIST will appreciate how the old girl looks. I just posted a few pics on the Soaring Forum Group, I hope the youth members like the old girl. Old Bob, The Purist
    Sky Hag is finished and at the front of the hangar, ready for flight. If you get a chance visit the soaring forum group and take a look at the pics. Old Bob, The Purist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Foster@21:1/5 to youngbl...@gmail.com on Tue Jun 21 15:36:22 2022
    On Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 3:54:47 PM UTC-6, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:

P3
    Papa3, I did a considerable amount of work in restoring this old girl, and the corrosion was not a problem but somewhere in the life of the Hag she was ground looped and some of the tubing was bent. We sent the fuselage back to K&L where it
    was put in the jig and brought back to new specs. I then had the fuselage media blasted and the entire fuselage powder coated, probably the only powder coated 233 fuselage in the world. I then started the fabric covering with ceconite and completed with
    the Stits system. During this ordeal I stripped the wings, did some cosmetic repairs and went ahead with the prime and paint. At this point we are finishing with the trimming and installation of the new interior and getting ready to assemble for the
    journey to the finish line. I am working on a video of this restoration project and will be posting as soon as the HAG is completed.
    I have extended an offer to "R", so he could be our guest and be one of the first to fly the "HAG", I told him the "HAG", would even make him look good! I fully expect "R", to motorglide on up to X52 and join the celebration for the flying "
    HAG".
    We also have an LS3 A that is nearing completion and only lacking a canopy, so if anyone has a canopy for an LS3 please let me know. I will be posting more pictures in the Soaring Group page soon. Thanks for taking a look at the "HAG", we
    will be happy to have the old girl back in the sky training new glider pilots both young and old. Old Bob, The Purist

Safe Landings,
    Chris Behm "Target"
    Great news on the 233 project, we will be assembling the wings to the "HAG" this coming week. Our club project has taken longer than expected, but the end result will be impressive. I will be posting a few more pics on the Soaring Forum Group
    site, Old Bob, The Purist
    Sky Hag is finished and at the front of the hangar, ready for flight. If you get a chance visit the soaring forum group and take a look at the pics. Old Bob, The Purist
    She's looking good, Bob. Nice job on the restoration.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to johngf...@gmail.com on Tue Jun 21 15:53:16 2022
    On Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 6:36:26 PM UTC-4, johngf...@gmail.com wrote:
    After a total rebuild of our club 233 we are nearing completion and will be adding this old bird back on the line as our primary trainer. Take a look at the Soaring Forum and you can see the pictures of our nearly completed project.
    The name Sky Hag will be painted just below the pirate skull.

P3
    Papa3, I did a considerable amount of work in restoring this old girl, and the corrosion was not a problem but somewhere in the life of the Hag she was ground looped and some of the tubing was bent. We sent the fuselage back to K&L where
    it was put in the jig and brought back to new specs. I then had the fuselage media blasted and the entire fuselage powder coated, probably the only powder coated 233 fuselage in the world. I then started the fabric covering with ceconite and completed
    with the Stits system. During this ordeal I stripped the wings, did some cosmetic repairs and went ahead with the prime and paint. At this point we are finishing with the trimming and installation of the new interior and getting ready to assemble for the
    I have extended an offer to "R", so he could be our guest and be one of the first to fly the "HAG", I told him the "HAG", would even make him look good! I fully expect "R", to motorglide on up to X52 and join the celebration for the
    flying "HAG".

Safe Landings,
    Chris Behm "Target"
    Great news on the 233 project, we will be assembling the wings to the "HAG" this coming week. Our club project has taken longer than expected, but the end result will be impressive. I will be posting a few more pics on the Soaring Forum Group
    Thanks , looks like the youth will have a nice old bird for primary training. Old Bob, The Purist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to youngbl...@gmail.com on Sat Jun 25 04:28:18 2022
    On Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 6:53:20 PM UTC-4, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 6:36:26 PM UTC-4, johngf...@gmail.com wrote:
    After a total rebuild of our club 233 we are nearing completion and will be adding this old bird back on the line as our primary trainer. Take a look at the Soaring Forum and you can see the pictures of our nearly completed project.
    The name Sky Hag will be painted just below the pirate skull.

P3
    Papa3, I did a considerable amount of work in restoring this old girl, and the corrosion was not a problem but somewhere in the life of the Hag she was ground looped and some of the tubing was bent. We sent the fuselage back to K&L
    where it was put in the jig and brought back to new specs. I then had the fuselage media blasted and the entire fuselage powder coated, probably the only powder coated 233 fuselage in the world. I then started the fabric covering with ceconite and
    completed with the Stits system. During this ordeal I stripped the wings, did some cosmetic repairs and went ahead with the prime and paint. At this point we are finishing with the trimming and installation of the new interior and getting ready to
    assemble for the journey to the finish line. I am working on a video of this restoration project and will be posting as soon as the HAG is completed.
    I have extended an offer to "R", so he could be our guest and be one of the first to fly the "HAG", I told him the "HAG", would even make him look good! I fully expect "R", to motorglide on up to X52 and join the celebration for the
    flying "HAG".
    We also have an LS3 A that is nearing completion and only lacking a canopy, so if anyone has a canopy for an LS3 please let me know. I will be posting more pictures in the Soaring Group page soon. Thanks for taking a look at the "HAG",
    we will be happy to have the old girl back in the sky training new glider pilots both young and old. Old Bob, The Purist

Safe Landings,
    Chris Behm "Target"
    Thanks , looks like the youth will have a nice old bird for primary training. Old Bob, The Purist
    The, "SKY HAG", flew yesterday!!! A couple of small detail items and completely finished. A new youth member is coming out today, he may well be the first youth member to take controls of the Hag. OBTP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05