• Re: ASW24B Rental Rate ?

From Greg Arnold@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 10 19:41:26 2024
    On 1/10/2024 7:20 PM, Papa3 wrote:

On Wednesday, January 10, 2024 at 7:33:54 AM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    TCSC has an ASW24B added to the fleet for members to rent and explore XC soaring. Members are going through a intense checkout prior to flying the ship. Emphasis is placed on the CG hook take off characteristics, most of our pilots have no CG
    experience on takeoff.
    Our rental rate has been suggested to be about 50 bucks per hour , or a daily booking rate has been discussed. We have discussed possibly having the ship available for the daily slot with prior RSVP required. Would 150 dollars for the daily rate be
    acceptable for most clubs or commercial operations?
    Old Bob, The Purist

That seems very fair bordering on cheap. If you think of a private owner insuring, storing, maintaining a -24 that easily $2500/year even with cheap or free trailer storage. At 100 hours (which is way more than most private owners actually do)
    that's $250/hour. The age old adage about if it flies... or... or... it's cheaper to rent applies here. :-)

Williams Soaring has two AW24s for rent. Assuming their webpage is
    up-to-date, the rental rate is presently $50/hour.

https://www.williamssoaring.com/airport-rates.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Eric G@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 10 20:26:15 2024
    Old Bob's original post did not show up in my eternal-september RAS. Is that happening to
    everyone? I did see three posts on the subject: Papa3, Arnold, and Charlie. Eric G

On Wednesday, January 10, 2024 at 7:33:54 AM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    TCSC has an ASW24B added to the fleet for members to rent and explore XC soaring. Members are going through a intense checkout prior to flying the ship. Emphasis is placed on the CG hook take off characteristics, most of our pilots have no CG
    experience on takeoff.
    Our rental rate has been suggested to be about 50 bucks per hour , or a daily booking rate has been discussed. We have discussed possibly having the ship available for the daily slot with prior RSVP required. Would 150 dollars for the daily rate be
    Old Bob, The Purist

That seems very fair bordering on cheap. If you think of a private owner insuring, storing, maintaining a -24 that easily $2500/year even with cheap or free trailer storage. At 100 hours (which is way more than most private owners actually do)
    that's $250/hour. The age old adage about if it flies... or... or... it's cheaper to rent applies here. :-)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From GliderWobble@21:1/5 to Eric G on Thu Jan 11 04:47:32 2024
    Same here, his original post did not show up. He really is getting filtered
    by eternal September it seems.

On 1/10/24 9:26 PM, Eric G wrote:
    Old Bob's original post did not show up in my eternal-september RAS. Is that happening to
    everyone? I did see three posts on the subject: Papa3, Arnold, and Charlie. >Eric G

On Wednesday, January 10, 2024 at 7:33:54AM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    experience on takeoff.
    Old Bob, The Purist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Eric G@21:1/5 to youngbl...@gmail.com on Thu Jan 11 06:03:41 2024
    On 1/11/2024 5:20 AM, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Wednesday, January 10, 2024 at 11:47:36 PM UTC-5, GliderWobble wrote:
    Same here, his original post did not show up. He really is getting filtered >> by eternal September it seems.
    everyone? I did see three posts on the subject: Papa3, Arnold, and Charlie. >>> Eric G

On Wednesday, January 10, 2024 at 7:33:54 AM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    experience on takeoff.
    Old Bob, The Purist

That seems very fair bordering on cheap. If you think of a private owner insuring, storing, maintaining a -24 that easily $2500/year even with cheap or free trailer storage. At 100 hours (which is way more than most private owners actually do) that'
    s $250/hour. The age old adage about if it flies... or... or... it's cheaper to rent applies here. :-)

It's a conspiracy, the motorglider Grinch is going to all efforts to keep me silent, news for Grinch, something new is coming and will blow the socks off any soaring forum out there. Now about the ASW24 the ship will hopefully be flown frequently, many
    have shown interest and I have given several cockpit checks to potential pilots. I also recently purchased a Std. Cirrus for getting members to transition into fiberglass, hopefully both ship will be utilized and create more interest into XC soaring
    which is our goal. We have decided on a rental rate of 50 bucks per hour or a three hour minimum of 145 dollars. The 145 dollar rate would be the so called daily rate which will promote more XC soaring for potential new pilots to discover XC soaring.
    Recovering insurance cost is a priority for the first year, hopefully utilization will increase and we can turn the asset into a positive cash flow. If any followers are in Florida for the winter you are certainly invited to join us at TCSC for the fun
    and festivities at X52, we even let motorgliders fly off the strip, but you cannot go to the front of the line. Old Bob, The Purist
    This post did appear in my e-s RAS feed. Bob, did you post this in a different manner than
    your original post?

Why is the Std Cirrus being used for transitioning to fiberglass? The ASW24 is safer and
    easier to fly than the Std Cirrus, so I suggest it be the "transition" glider. The only
    advantages I see for the Cirrus is lower purchase price and wider cockpit.

If this "blow your socks off" event is going to happen this year, why aren't we being told
    what it is? People are making decisions now for buying instruments and gliders, and they
    will be rightfully upset if knowing what's coming would significantly affect their current
    choices.

So, what is this "socks off" event? If you are not allowed to say, why are you saying
    anything at all?

Eric G

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tim Newport-Peace@21:1/5 to GliderWobble on Thu Jan 11 15:35:30 2024
    On 11/01/2024 04:47, GliderWobble wrote:
    Same here, his original post did not show up. He really is getting filtered by eternal September it seems.
    Old Bob's original post did not show up in my eternal-september RAS.
    Is that happening to everyone? I did see three posts on the subject:
    Papa3, Arnold, and Charlie.
    Eric G
    I did see that there was a post today from OBTP on
    Eternal-September.org, but it was expired before I could read it.

At a guess he was blaming Motorglider pilots for silencing him.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05