• AIG Salvage?

From John Sinclair@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 30 09:46:51 2023
    For months now, AIG Salvage has shown only one listing. Guess I’m a little slow on the uptake, but I finally opened the only listing and it says,”AIG is now using Underwriters Salvage Company for all their salvage aircraft”. The only sailplane
    listed is a 1-35 with a twisted fuselage.
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Steve Leonard@21:1/5 to John Sinclair on Sun Oct 1 08:47:40 2023
    On Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 11:46:54 AM UTC-5, John Sinclair wrote:
    For months now, AIG Salvage has shown only one listing. Guess I’m a little slow on the uptake, but I finally opened the only listing and it says,”AIG is now using Underwriters Salvage Company for all their salvage aircraft”. The only sailplane
    listed is a 1-35 with a twisted fuselage.
    JJ

And it doesn't show up if you filter for "Gliders". Another service going to heck. But, on the plus side, our rates are going up. Bigly. That last bit was dripping with sarcasm, by the way.

Steve Leonard

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Moshe Braner@21:1/5 to Steve Leonard on Mon Oct 2 01:54:52 2023
    On 10/1/2023 11:47 AM, Steve Leonard wrote:
    And it doesn't show up if you filter for "Gliders". Another service going to heck. But, on the plus side, our rates are going up. Bigly. That last bit was dripping with sarcasm, by the way.

We just got a renewal quote from our current insurance carrier and they
    want about 50% more in premium than last year. Is that across the
    industry or should we shop around?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steve Leonard@21:1/5 to Moshe Braner on Mon Oct 2 09:09:00 2023
    On Monday, October 2, 2023 at 12:54:57 AM UTC-5, Moshe Braner wrote:
    We just got a renewal quote from our current insurance carrier and they
    want about 50% more in premium than last year. Is that across the

That is more than any of mine went up through Costello or other policies. Hangar replacement and Premise Liability are both up, about 25 to 40%, respectively, and my gliders policy is up about 20%. Homeowners through another company went up 30% this
    year (got that reduced by increasing my deductible from 1% to 1.5%), cars up 20% from a year ago. And I have had ZERO claims or changes of status. Insurance companies are being hit hard, and passing it all along to us. They have to not only recover
    from their losses (of profit), but also seem to think they have to re-fill the payout accounts in one year.

Steve Leonard

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Sinclair@21:1/5 to Steve Leonard on Thu Oct 5 12:43:35 2023
    On Monday, October 2, 2023 at 9:09:03 AM UTC-7, Steve Leonard wrote:
    On Monday, October 2, 2023 at 12:54:57 AM UTC-5, Moshe Braner wrote:
    We just got a renewal quote from our current insurance carrier and they want about 50% more in premium than last year. Is that across the
    That is more than any of mine went up through Costello or other policies. Hangar replacement and Premise Liability are both up, about 25 to 40%, respectively, and my gliders policy is up about 20%. Homeowners through another company went up 30% this
    year (got that reduced by increasing my deductible from 1% to 1.5%), cars up 20% from a year ago. And I have had ZERO claims or changes of status. Insurance companies are being hit hard, and passing it all along to us. They have to not only recover from
    their losses (of profit), but also seem to think they have to re-fill the payout accounts in one year.

Steve Leonard

Thought I’d post something to get ahead of Good Trip Mushroom Bars………….
    Home owners Insurance, I have been with USAA for something like 40 years when they announced they’d be giving us an inspection! They took a bunch of pictures and proceeded to DOUBLE our rate! Good bye USAA! Next we went with Farmers. Only took about 3
    years before they arrived for an inspection! Took a bunch of pictures of our trees and then sent a letter telling us we had 60 days to cut down 3 trees, box our beams and move the propane tank farther away from the house! Good bye farmers! Then we gave
    Hartford a try, mainly because AARP endorsed them. Only took them a couple of years to drop us because we were in a wooded area! Never mind that we had a fire hydrant on the property with Cal Fire station one mile away! Now we’re with State Farm who
    has been great right up to giving us a 40% rate increase last year!
    Rant over………. I feel much better now,
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mark628CA@21:1/5 to All on Thu Oct 5 14:05:23 2023
    Took a bunch of pictures of our trees and then sent a letter telling us we had 60 days to cut down 3 trees,

Rather than cut down the trees, we need to start harvesting lawyers and rendering them into Sustainable Aviation Fuel.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Eric Greenwell@21:1/5 to All on Thu Oct 5 15:07:11 2023
    On Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 2:05:26 PM UTC-7, Mark628CA wrote:
    Took a bunch of pictures of our trees and then sent a letter telling us we had 60 days to cut down 3 trees,
    Rather than cut down the trees, we need to start harvesting lawyers and rendering them into Sustainable Aviation Fuel.
    I doubt that lawyers are the cause; instead, it's the increasing likelihood of fire, destructive weather, and the increasing cost of reinsurance for the retail insurers. From Reuters:

"LONDON, July 3 (Reuters) - U.S. property catastrophe reinsurance rates rose by as much as 50% at a key July 1 renewal date, broker Gallagher Re said in a report on Monday, with states such as California and Florida increasingly hit by wildfires and
    hurricanes.

Reinsurers insure insurance companies, and have been raising rates in recent years because of steepening losses, which industry players put down in part to the impact of climate change. Higher reinsurance rates can affect the premiums which insurers
    charge to their customers."

Where I live (eastern Washington State), and where you live, don't have the fire and storm dangers, so we will be spared these huge increases. Of course, we are susceptible to increasing replacement costs for buildings, so we'll see some rise in premiums.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From 2G@21:1/5 to Eric Greenwell on Mon Oct 9 18:06:57 2023
    On Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 3:07:14 PM UTC-7, Eric Greenwell wrote:
    On Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 2:05:26 PM UTC-7, Mark628CA wrote:
    I doubt that lawyers are the cause; instead, it's the increasing likelihood of fire, destructive weather, and the increasing cost of reinsurance for the retail insurers. From Reuters:

"LONDON, July 3 (Reuters) - U.S. property catastrophe reinsurance rates rose by as much as 50% at a key July 1 renewal date, broker Gallagher Re said in a report on Monday, with states such as California and Florida increasingly hit by wildfires and
    hurricanes.

Reinsurers insure insurance companies, and have been raising rates in recent years because of steepening losses, which industry players put down in part to the impact of climate change. Higher reinsurance rates can affect the premiums which insurers
    charge to their customers."

Where I live (eastern Washington State), and where you live, don't have the fire and storm dangers, so we will be spared these huge increases. Of course, we are susceptible to increasing replacement costs for buildings, so we'll see some rise in
    premiums.

CA and FL have been hard hit with insurance claims for different reasons. Decades of forest mismanagement plus drought have caught up to CA. Hurricanes are the issue in FL. Big losses in just two states filter down to the other states to some degree.

Tom 2G

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05