• First time glider flight ...

From Glider Pilot@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 7 10:53:55 2023
    I took my friend Lisa for a first time glider ride last Sunday. Here is a short YouTube video of our flight.

https://youtu.be/1GNGyFBGiFk

BTW, She loved it! Perhaps a future glider pilot in the making.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From waremark@21:1/5 to Glider Pilot on Thu Sep 7 16:51:20 2023
    On Thursday, 7 September 2023 at 18:53:58 UTC+1, Glider Pilot wrote:
    I took my friend Lisa for a first time glider ride last Sunday. Here is a short YouTube video of our flight.

https://youtu.be/1GNGyFBGiFk

BTW, She loved it! Perhaps a future glider pilot in the making.

Well done for getting her enthusiastic.

Instructing in the UK, we make a very big deal right from the first flight of emphasising the need to lookout before each stage of the turn.

"Follow through on the controls. We are going to be turning left, so first lookout to the right, now look very carefully to the left as far as you can towards the back of the glider. Now look forwards over the nose. Roll the glider using aileron and
    rudder together ...... And the same for each stage of the turn."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Glider Pilot@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 12 09:17:05 2023
    First flights can be sensory overload for the first time passenger. As PIC I made sure airspace was cleared before any turns were executed.

Instructing in the UK, we make a very big deal right from the first flight of emphasising the need to lookout before each stage of the turn.

"Follow through on the controls. We are going to be turning left, so first lookout to the right, now look very carefully to the left as far as you can towards the back of the glider. Now look forwards over the nose. Roll the glider using aileron and
    rudder together ...... And the same for each stage of the turn."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05