• Naviter Oudie N Power Up Issues

From Middleline Airfield@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 2 05:38:55 2023
    I purchased a new Oudie N this spring from Wings and Wheels. The soaring hasn't been too good in the northeast this summer so, I only used the unit once or twice. Trying to get the unit running again, as it is in a battery sleep hibernation mode. I sent
    an e-mail to Naviter on 7/23 and they immediately responded with a battery recovery procedure. I tried this procedure and it did not work. As I try to reply to Naviter, the constant response I receive is "Please note that we are however much busier than
    usually and it will take a bit longer to respond." I am signed up to fly the Club Class Nationals on 8/10 and can't wait for a two-week response.

Anyone have direct contact information for someone at Naviter?

Thanks,

Tim

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Mike Koerner@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 3 00:51:18 2023
    Tim,
    I had a similar problem. Naviter sent a document titled “Oudie N Battery recovery manual”. I can’t find it online. They may not intend it to be widely disseminated. If this is not what they gave you, and you would like a copy, email me (first
    initial last name at cox dot net).
    By the way, the procedure did not work the first time I tried it, or the second or the third (as the instructions suggest is most often the case). I think it was my sixth try.
    Mike Koerner

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Eric Greenwell@21:1/5 to Mike Koerner on Thu Aug 3 07:02:28 2023
    On Thursday, August 3, 2023 at 12:51:20 AM UTC-7, Mike Koerner wrote:
    Tim,
    I had a similar problem. Naviter sent a document titled “Oudie N Battery recovery manual”. I can’t find it online. They may not intend it to be widely disseminated. If this is not what they gave you, and you would like a copy, email me (first
    initial last name at cox dot net).
    By the way, the procedure did not work the first time I tried it, or the second or the third (as the instructions suggest is most often the case). I think it was my sixth try.
    Mike Koerner
    I remember the good old days, when "battery recovery" meant finding the guy that mistakenly took your battery from the club house charging shelf, and exchanging batteries with him. Recently, I had to look up the instructions for my LFP instrument battery,
    which shut itself down in protest over a screwdriver I was poking around inappropriately.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Paul Remde@21:1/5 to Middleline Airfield on Thu Aug 3 09:40:32 2023
    Hi Tim,

If you send it to me, I can get it working. if the battery recovery procedure doesn't work, I can get help from Naviter. I charge $60/hour for support like this.

If you provide an email, I can send you the battery recovery procedure Navigator provided to me. I imagine it is the same one they sent to you.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
    Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

On Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 7:38:58 AM UTC-5, Middleline Airfield wrote:
    I purchased a new Oudie N this spring from Wings and Wheels. The soaring hasn't been too good in the northeast this summer so, I only used the unit once or twice. Trying to get the unit running again, as it is in a battery sleep hibernation mode. I
    sent an e-mail to Naviter on 7/23 and they immediately responded with a battery recovery procedure. I tried this procedure and it did not work. As I try to reply to Naviter, the constant response I receive is "Please note that we are however much busier
    than usually and it will take a bit longer to respond." I am signed up to fly the Club Class Nationals on 8/10 and can't wait for a two-week response.

Thanks,

Tim

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Middleline Airfield@21:1/5 to Middleline Airfield on Tue Aug 8 12:57:23 2023
    Special thanks to Paul Remde, of Cumulus Soaring who was able to take the time and get this battery to react to the hibernation mode it was in. Moral of the story, if you aren't frequently using the unit, leave it on charge!

On Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 8:38:58 AM UTC-4, Middleline Airfield wrote:
    I purchased a new Oudie N this spring from Wings and Wheels. The soaring hasn't been too good in the northeast this summer so, I only used the unit once or twice. Trying to get the unit running again, as it is in a battery sleep hibernation mode. I
    sent an e-mail to Naviter on 7/23 and they immediately responded with a battery recovery procedure. I tried this procedure and it did not work. As I try to reply to Naviter, the constant response I receive is "Please note that we are however much busier
    than usually and it will take a bit longer to respond." I am signed up to fly the Club Class Nationals on 8/10 and can't wait for a two-week response.

Thanks,

Tim

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kinsell@21:1/5 to Middleline Airfield on Tue Aug 8 21:09:56 2023
    Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease. Lithium batteries in
    general don't like being held at full charge, and shouldn't be on
    trickle charge.

Maybe monitoring the state of charge and topping it up only when
    necessary would be a better strategy.

On 8/8/23 1:57 PM, Middleline Airfield wrote:
    Special thanks to Paul Remde, of Cumulus Soaring who was able to take the time and get this battery to react to the hibernation mode it was in. Moral of the story, if you aren't frequently using the unit, leave it on charge!

On Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 8:38:58 AM UTC-4, Middleline Airfield wrote:

Thanks,

Tim

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05