• Cobra Brakes

From BobWa43@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 5 11:57:55 2023
    Has anyone replaced the back plate on the Cobra trailer brake system? Factory literature states this is a factory only procedure and the axle must be realigned after said replacement and yet Wings and Wheels sells drums and backplates as a package.
    Again info in this area would be appreciated.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Tom Watson@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 6 13:03:02 2023
    On Wednesday, July 5, 2023 at 2:57:58 PM UTC-4, BobWa43 wrote:
    Has anyone replaced the back plate on the Cobra trailer brake system? Factory literature states this is a factory only procedure and the axle must be realigned after said replacement and yet Wings and Wheels sells drums and backplates as a package.

Hi Bob,
    All the Cobra parts are very expensive and I find not very rugged. Depending on how much wear you have, you may obtain a better quality system at a very reasonable price by replacing the entire axle and drums with a new American unit.
    Best of luck,
    Tom

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dan Daly@21:1/5 to Tom Watson on Thu Jul 6 13:29:36 2023
    On Thursday, July 6, 2023 at 4:03:04 PM UTC-4, Tom Watson wrote:
    On Wednesday, July 5, 2023 at 2:57:58 PM UTC-4, BobWa43 wrote:
    Hi Bob,
    All the Cobra parts are very expensive and I find not very rugged. Depending on how much wear you have, you may obtain a better quality system at a very reasonable price by replacing the entire axle and drums with a new American unit.
    Best of luck,
    Tom
    You might find it in the trailer manual link on https://aviation.derosaweb.net/trailer/ , then go to the workshop manual AL-DO.pdf . Open it, search on "backplate". Lots of lovely pictures. Great resource from John DeRosa. (one link - " Cobra Trailer
    and AL-KO Equipment Manuals " on the main page gives a 404 not found error - use the one above).

That manual is a keeper.
    Dan

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?John_DeRosa_OHM_=E2=84=A6@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jul 7 07:20:44 2023
    Dan - Thanks for letting me know about the 404 error. Fixed.

All - If you find something on my web site missing/wrong/broken/silly please send me an email.

John (OHM)
    "Hoarder of Good Info"
    john [at] derosaweb.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BobWa43@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 9 05:15:54 2023
    On Friday, July 7, 2023 at 10:20:47 AM UTC-4, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
    Dan - Thanks for letting me know about the 404 error. Fixed.

All - If you find something on my web site missing/wrong/broken/silly please send me an email.

John (OHM)
    "Hoarder of Good Info"
    john [at] derosaweb.com
    Thanks to all that replied.
    Bob

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05