• Re: About Forrest Gump & the box of chocolates line

From BakeMate@21:1/5 to Colonel Edmund J. Burke on Wed Oct 11 04:24:20 2023
    On Saturday, 16 December 2017 at 18:48:11 UTC+5:30, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
    On 12/15/2017 3:07 PM, a425couple wrote:
    These Facts About Forrest Gump Might Surprise You
    ENTERTAINMENT |SEPTEMBER 7, 2017 |MELINA PAPADOPOULOS

26. Clean Adaptation
    As has already been mentioned, the film version of Forrest Gump differs in some ways from the novel on which it was based. Most of the changes concerned the character Forrest Gump. In the film, he has a lovable childlike naivety that was actually
    more of a wry cynicism in Groom’s novel. Perhaps one of the biggest modifications yet went to one of the film’s most memorable lines yet. Yes, that box of chocolates line so many of us hold dear.

In the book, the quote was quite different and even took a tone almost opposite to what we received in the film. The quote is as follows:
    “Let me say this: bei’n a idiot is no box of chocolates. People laugh, lose patience, treat you shabby. Now they says folks s’posed to be kind to the afflicted, but let me tell you – it ain’t always that way. Even so, I got no complaints,
    cause I reckon I done live a pretty interestin’ life, so to speak.”

Wot he was tellin' that woman was that he made a brown ballerina with his index finger.
    You know whot that is?
    https://bakemate.in/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)