• Navy Connie squadrons (unique)

From olef1938@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Mar 19 11:32:18 2017
    On Sunday, May 3, 1998 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, Jjjg4 wrote:
    I've got several questions on some squadrons and/or units of the Navy that operated 121's, R7V's, Connie's.
    The first is a squadron know as MATRON-2, I have seen a picture of a R7V-1 (131659) with "MATRON-2" painted on the fuselage, tail code RW, the photo was taken in 1956.
    I would like to try and find out what was the Navy's V designator for a MATRON,
    i.e would it have been VM-2, also what was its mission, purpose, etc, etc. Any
    history on that and any other MATRON's (if there were any others)?
    The second is know as AIR BARRIER SQUADRON-2, and as in the above question what was the V designator for that type of squadron, V__2. A picture shows a Air Barrier squadron 2, EC-121K , landing at Barbers Point in 1965, tail code SH. What was that squadrons mission, purpose, etc, etc. Any history on those would be great to?

The reason I ask these questions is that all material I have found only writes
    about the VR's, VW's, VQ's, and some "one of's" like VP-31, VT-86, and VAQ-33,
    that have flown connie's, 121's, R7V's. I have only found "very" brief information on the above questioned squadrons.
    Thanks for any help.

Jim

MATRON 2 WAS A MAINTANENCE AND TRAINING SQUADRON AT BARBERS POINT T.H.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)