• NASCAR SimRacing?!

From SimRacer@21:1/5 to All on Sun Mar 22 11:12:10 2020
    Say it ain't so!! LOL! A hundred years ago (ok, early 2000s), people used to love to rag on me for sim racing here in Lake RASN, now all the guys do it? They even train using it? OMG!!! LOL What started with Papyrus NASCAR Racing '99, and later NR 2003,
    and later morphed into iRacing has now become what we do when a virus has us scared out of our whits.

Who'da thunk it?

Yours truly, SimRacer (yes, *that* SimRacer)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From darkstar7646@gmail.com@21:1/5 to SimRacer on Sun Mar 22 15:44:25 2020
    On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 11:12:12 AM UTC-7, SimRacer wrote:
    Say it ain't so!! LOL! A hundred years ago (ok, early 2000s), people used to love to rag on me for sim racing here in Lake RASN, now all the guys do it? They even train using it? OMG!!! LOL What started with Papyrus NASCAR Racing '99, and later NR 2003,
    and later morphed into iRacing has now become what we do when a virus has us scared out of our whits.

Who'da thunk it?

Yeah -- I rememeber there was controversy when Scott Speed actually got banned from the circuit for racing dirty in iRacing or one of the online leagues.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Pete Zahria@21:1/5 to In article SimRacer on Wed Mar 25 12:19:31 2020
    In article SimRacer <simracer68@gmail.com> wrote:

Say it ain't so!! LOL! A hundred years ago (ok, early 2000s), people used t= >o love to rag on me for sim racing here in Lake RASN, now all the guys do i= >t? They even train using it? OMG!!! LOL What started with Papyrus NASCAR Ra= >cing '99, and later NR 2003, and later morphed into iRacing has now become = >what we do when a virus has us scared out of our whits.

Who'da thunk it?

When you look at some of the really high end stuff they have, now,
    it has gone bonkers compared to a Thrustmaster wheel, and Papyrus first sim.

I remember doing DTR online with some guys on RASN until wee hours!!

--
    Dan

"Why are there flotation devices in the seats of planes
    instead of parachutes? "

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From thekmanrocks@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 7 08:11:09 2020
    Reminds me kind of what goes on in here...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5oDRZ-zZXY0

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05