• NASCAR Driver Martin Truex Jr. Slams Teammate Denny Hamlin

From max headroom@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 26 07:00:23 2023
    NASCAR Driver Martin Truex Jr. Slams Teammate Denny Hamlin For Unwarranted 'Dirty' Move Against Kyle Larson

Remso Martinez

Joe Gibbs Racing driver Denny Hamlin, always ready to stir things up, did it again folks. He pushed hard, played rough, and yeah, he snagged that win at Pocono. However, he left a mess behind him, and got a lot of NASCAR fans hot under the collar. Not just fans are frustrated though, even his own teammate Martin Truex Jr. isn't pleased with his on-track behavior.

As a recap, Martin Truex Jr. ended up third place. That ain't bad, not by a long
    shot, but the real kicker here is that Truex didn't hold his tongue after the race. He called it like he saw it. He saw Hamlin's move on Kyle Larson in those last laps and didn't like what he saw one bit.

Kyle Larson, another victim of Hamlin's 'win-at-all-costs' attitude, bore the brunt of a contentious move from Hamlin in the closing laps of the race, which sent him spiraling into the outside wall and ultimately back to a frustrating 20th place finish. Not a sportsmanlike move in the slightest.

In a chilling example of denying what everybody saw with their own eyes, Hamlin shrugged off the incident in his post-race interview, claiming that both the HMS
    drivers had "wrecked themselves" and that he didn't touch either of them.

"Both guys wrecked themselves," said Hamlin. "There was a lane. He missed the corner first and evidently, he didn't have his right-side tires clean and when he gassed up he just kept going again. You know, you have an option in those positions to either hold it wide open and hit the fence or lift and race it out.
    Those are choices they made. I didn't hit either one of them. Didn't touch
    them."

Not even a minute later when the same NBC reporter spoke with Larson, a different version of the story painted a whole different picture of what went down.

"Just unfortunate. I've been cost a lot of good finishes by him throughout my career," Larson said. "And I know he says I race a certain way, but I don't think I've ever had to apologize to him about anything. Not that I'm sure he's going to say sorry after this.

"Is what it is. Whatever. Just move on. Move on, try to, uh, go I don't even know where we're at next week. Richmond, I think. I guess we won there earlier this year and try and get a good run in."

"I am pissed."@KyleLarsonRacin on Denny Hamlin. #NASCAR pic.twitter.com/vWrXN3GasI

- NASCAR on NBC (@NASCARonNBC) July 23, 2023

Now enter Truex Jr. He was right there in the thick of it, saw it all happen. When he was chatting with Claire B. Lang on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, he didn't beat around the bush, and said Hamlin played Larson dirty.

"For whatever reason, we couldn't get the push we needed on the front row, but we pushed a lot of guys today forward," Truex said. "Whoever was the leader, if they were in front of me, they were going to keep the lead.

"I'm not sure exactly what that was all about. I feel like I picked the right lanes. You know, I did exactly what Denny did, other than pushing the No. 5 car too deep in the corner and then running him in the fence off of (Turn) 2. He kind of took it that extra little bit, I guess, to make it a little bit dirty. And you know, I didn't. So maybe that's the difference between why he won, and I
    didn't."

@MartinTruex_Jr talked with @ClaireBLang after Pocono and didn't hesitate to call out JGR teammate @dennyhamlin for his "dirty" move on @KyleLarsonRacin. pic.twitter.com/1FdkYxE7mG

- Kyle Dalton (@kdsportswriter) July 24, 2023

That's a gutsy move, calling out your teammate like that.

Now, this isn't the first time Truex Jr.'s done something like this. Last week, he called out another teammate, Christopher Bell, for a mess-up as well. You gotta respect a guy who'll stand up for what's right, even if it stirs the pot in his own team.

So yeah, it's a bummer when a win gets tangled up in this kinda mess. But Truex Jr.'s standing tall, reminding us what NASCAR's really about. It leaves us wondering what'll happen next time. Will Hamlin learn to play nice, or are we in
    for more rough and tumble? Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

https://www.boundingintosports.com/2023/07/nascar-driver-martin-truex-jr-slams-teammate-denny-hamlin-for-unwarranted-dirty-move-against-kyle-larson/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From tin man@21:1/5 to max headroom on Thu Jul 27 14:48:13 2023
    On Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 10:00:54 AM UTC-4, max headroom wrote:
    NASCAR Driver Martin Truex Jr. Slams Teammate Denny Hamlin For Unwarranted 'Dirty' Move Against Kyle Larson

Remso Martinez

Joe Gibbs Racing driver Denny Hamlin, always ready to stir things up, did it again folks. He pushed hard, played rough, and yeah, he snagged that win at Pocono. However, he left a mess behind him, and got a lot of NASCAR fans hot under the collar. Not just fans are frustrated though, even his own teammate Martin Truex Jr. isn't pleased with his on-track behavior.

As a recap, Martin Truex Jr. ended up third place. That ain't bad, not by a long
    shot, but the real kicker here is that Truex didn't hold his tongue after the
    race. He called it like he saw it. He saw Hamlin's move on Kyle Larson in those
    last laps and didn't like what he saw one bit.

Kyle Larson, another victim of Hamlin's 'win-at-all-costs' attitude, bore the
    brunt of a contentious move from Hamlin in the closing laps of the race, which
    sent him spiraling into the outside wall and ultimately back to a frustrating
    20th place finish. Not a sportsmanlike move in the slightest.

In a chilling example of denying what everybody saw with their own eyes, Hamlin
    shrugged off the incident in his post-race interview, claiming that both the HMS

"Both guys wrecked themselves," said Hamlin. "There was a lane. He missed the
    corner first and evidently, he didn't have his right-side tires clean and when
    he gassed up he just kept going again. You know, you have an option in those positions to either hold it wide open and hit the fence or lift and race it out.
    Those are choices they made. I didn't hit either one of them. Didn't touch them."

Not even a minute later when the same NBC reporter spoke with Larson, a different version of the story painted a whole different picture of what went
    down.

"Just unfortunate. I've been cost a lot of good finishes by him throughout my
    career," Larson said. "And I know he says I race a certain way, but I don't think I've ever had to apologize to him about anything. Not that I'm sure he's
    going to say sorry after this.

"Is what it is. Whatever. Just move on. Move on, try to, uh, go I don't even know where we're at next week. Richmond, I think. I guess we won there earlier
    this year and try and get a good run in."

"I am pissed."@KyleLarsonRacin on Denny Hamlin. #NASCAR pic.twitter.com/vWrXN3GasI

Now enter Truex Jr. He was right there in the thick of it, saw it all happen.
    When he was chatting with Claire B. Lang on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, he didn't beat around the bush, and said Hamlin played Larson dirty.

"For whatever reason, we couldn't get the push we needed on the front row, but
    we pushed a lot of guys today forward," Truex said. "Whoever was the leader, if
    they were in front of me, they were going to keep the lead.

"I'm not sure exactly what that was all about. I feel like I picked the right
    lanes. You know, I did exactly what Denny did, other than pushing the No. 5 car
    too deep in the corner and then running him in the fence off of (Turn) 2. He kind of took it that extra little bit, I guess, to make it a little bit dirty.
    And you know, I didn't. So maybe that's the difference between why he won, and I
    didn't."

@MartinTruex_Jr talked with @ClaireBLang after Pocono and didn't hesitate to call out JGR teammate @dennyhamlin for his "dirty" move on @KyleLarsonRacin. pic.twitter.com/1FdkYxE7mG

Now, this isn't the first time Truex Jr.'s done something like this. Last week,
    he called out another teammate, Christopher Bell, for a mess-up as well. You gotta respect a guy who'll stand up for what's right, even if it stirs the pot
    in his own team.

So yeah, it's a bummer when a win gets tangled up in this kinda mess. But Truex
    Jr.'s standing tall, reminding us what NASCAR's really about. It leaves us wondering what'll happen next time. Will Hamlin learn to play nice, or are we in

https://www.boundingintosports.com/2023/07/nascar-driver-martin-truex-jr-slams-teammate-denny-hamlin-for-unwarranted-dirty-move-against-kyle-larson/
    No doubt, Hamlin is an Ass Hole, always has been, it's never his fault.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From tin man@21:1/5 to max headroom on Thu Jul 27 14:39:36 2023
    On Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 10:00:54 AM UTC-4, max headroom wrote:

Remso Martinez

shot, but the real kicker here is that Truex didn't hold his tongue after the
    race. He called it like he saw it. He saw Hamlin's move on Kyle Larson in those
    last laps and didn't like what he saw one bit.

Kyle Larson, another victim of Hamlin's 'win-at-all-costs' attitude, bore the
    brunt of a contentious move from Hamlin in the closing laps of the race, which
    sent him spiraling into the outside wall and ultimately back to a frustrating
    20th place finish. Not a sportsmanlike move in the slightest.

In a chilling example of denying what everybody saw with their own eyes, Hamlin
    shrugged off the incident in his post-race interview, claiming that both the HMS

"Both guys wrecked themselves," said Hamlin. "There was a lane. He missed the
    corner first and evidently, he didn't have his right-side tires clean and when
    he gassed up he just kept going again. You know, you have an option in those positions to either hold it wide open and hit the fence or lift and race it out.
    Those are choices they made. I didn't hit either one of them. Didn't touch them."

Not even a minute later when the same NBC reporter spoke with Larson, a different version of the story painted a whole different picture of what went
    down.

"Just unfortunate. I've been cost a lot of good finishes by him throughout my
    career," Larson said. "And I know he says I race a certain way, but I don't think I've ever had to apologize to him about anything. Not that I'm sure he's
    going to say sorry after this.

"Is what it is. Whatever. Just move on. Move on, try to, uh, go I don't even know where we're at next week. Richmond, I think. I guess we won there earlier
    this year and try and get a good run in."

Now enter Truex Jr. He was right there in the thick of it, saw it all happen.
    When he was chatting with Claire B. Lang on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, he didn't beat around the bush, and said Hamlin played Larson dirty.

"For whatever reason, we couldn't get the push we needed on the front row, but
    we pushed a lot of guys today forward," Truex said. "Whoever was the leader, if
    they were in front of me, they were going to keep the lead.

"I'm not sure exactly what that was all about. I feel like I picked the right
    lanes. You know, I did exactly what Denny did, other than pushing the No. 5 car
    too deep in the corner and then running him in the fence off of (Turn) 2. He kind of took it that extra little bit, I guess, to make it a little bit dirty.
    And you know, I didn't. So maybe that's the difference between why he won, and I
    didn't."

Now, this isn't the first time Truex Jr.'s done something like this. Last week,
    he called out another teammate, Christopher Bell, for a mess-up as well. You gotta respect a guy who'll stand up for what's right, even if it stirs the pot
    in his own team.

So yeah, it's a bummer when a win gets tangled up in this kinda mess. But Truex
    Jr.'s standing tall, reminding us what NASCAR's really about. It leaves us wondering what'll happen next time. Will Hamlin learn to play nice, or are we in

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05