• Bubba Wallace, NASCAR's only black driver, will race a car with a Black

From tmc1982@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 9 20:59:17 2020
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2020/06/09/nascar-bubba-wallace-black-lives-matter-car-martinsville/111938862/

Wallace will race in Wednesday's NASCAR Cup series at Martinsville Speedway with a black paint scheme featuring the #BlackLivesMatter hashtag, a handshake between a black person and a white person and the message "Compassion, Love, Understanding."
    Wallace's announcement comes the day after he told CNN's Don Lemon NASCAR should ban Confederate flags. Wallace said his paint scheme was inspired by last week's Blackout Tuesday. "We knew the Martinsville race was open," he said. "We did not sell
    sponsorship for that, and it sparked and idea of: Why not run a blackout car? And I was like, 'Absolutely, that would be incredible.' Our team brought that idea to me, and I jumped all over it. And we had further conversations of, 'Let's make a statement
    behind it and run a foundation or a charity (on it) that's helping push the narrative and the initiative of what's going on in the world today, racial inequality. Let's find somebody that aligns with that.' And why not dive straight to the root and
    putting #BlackLivesMatter on the car? Most powerful hashtag going around, I feel like, especially these last couple days, last couple months really."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From tin man@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 10 06:13:22 2020
    "

Being this race is at Martinsville, there is a good chance he will be in a wreck sometime during the race. Wonder how the news outlets will portray the unfortunate driver who is also involved?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)