Can anyone help me out with this? Back in the 70's there was
    a T.V. commercial in which three drivers introduced themselves
    as Uni, Roy and Al. Put their names together and they are making
    a pitch for Uniroyal tires. What I can't remember is who the drivers
    were. I'll guess that Al is Al Unser. I have no idea who Roy is and
    if I remember correctly Uni was a woman driver. Anytime I hear
    Uniroyal mentioned I think back to this old commercial and its
    like having a bad song stuck in your head that you don't even
    know the words to. Anybody else remember this ad?

--
    Chuck
    Go #33!

They were actual stunt drivers: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/original-uniroyal-tire-uni-roy-al-237549026

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Bart Nash@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 9 19:07:43 2020
    Wow, I guess I'm a little late to the party here but the answer to the question is "Jake Plumstead" who was my uncle. I come from a long history of racing on both sides of my family. Uncle Jake learned how to stunt drive from Joey Chitwood and the famous
    Joey Chitwood thrill show. Later he married my aunt on my mother's side of the family. Jake met my aunt through my dad who at the time was the head mechanic for midget, sprint car, & Indy car driver Bill Schindler https://g.co/kgs/9cSotN. Uncle Jake
    later moved over to the Hell Drivers and in the early '60s at the 1964 Worlds Fair in Queens NY, he made at the time the famous 70' ramp to ramp jump in a 64 Plymouth I believe. Later when my brother came home from Vietnam he and Uncle Jake started
    racing midgets on the east coast just like everyone else did on both sides of the family. Uncle Jake was involved in open-wheel midget & sprint car racing until the mid 70's when Uncle Jake decided to use the talents he learned from Joie Chitwood and
    later perfected with the Hell Drivers and started his own thrill show called the Jake Plumstead Thrill Show. Unfortunately, the thrill show was short-lived do the bad economy and the dwindling of spectator interest. The Uni-Roy-Al commercials were one of
    the last things Uncle Jake performed under the Jake Plumstead Thrill Show. Later in the late 70's Uncle Jake decided to hang up his stunt driving and began helping me when I strapped myself into my first sprint car. Hope that helps. My two brothers and
    myself are the last of an auto racing family that began racing in the '30s when racing started at the True Gasoline Alley in Paterson NJ.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)