• jump starters

From larry cohen@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jul 9 08:51:54 2021
    Has anybody had experience with jump starters? How strong do they have ro be? Are they safe to carry around? Best brand?

Larry

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From ArchEnema 67@21:1/5 to larry cohen on Sat Jul 24 05:05:39 2021
    On Friday, July 9, 2021 at 11:51:56 AM UTC-4, larry cohen wrote:
    Has anybody had experience with jump starters? How strong do they have ro be? Are they safe to carry around? Best brand?

Larry
    I've got one, works fine. My electrical problem means I need it every time. Manual says recharge after each use, but I don't always. I see no safety issue, although I don't leave it alone when recharging. I think its a diehard, I'd have to check to be
    sure, has lots of features, although the cigarette lighter outlets didn't work for me, I could have used it wrong, or the fact that I got it free from the trash after it being severely damaged and run over by giant tree-eating robots.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ken Olson@21:1/5 to larry cohen on Thu Jul 29 10:41:29 2021
    On 7/29/2021 10:23 AM, larry cohen wrote:
    On Saturday, July 24, 2021 at 8:05:41 AM UTC-4, ArchEnema 67 wrote:

Larry
    I've got one, works fine. My electrical problem means I need it every time. Manual says recharge after each use, but I don't always. I see no safety issue, although I don't leave it alone when recharging. I think its a diehard, I'd have to check to be
    sure, has lots of features, although the cigarette lighter outlets didn't work for me, I could have used it wrong, or the fact that I got it free from the trash after it being severely damaged and run over by giant tree-eating robots.

Thank you for the reply. I hope I never need it, but it's there if I do. Much better than calling a service.

Larry

Check out the capacitor boosters. No battery to worry about.

--
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From larry cohen@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 29 07:23:04 2021

Larry

Thank you for the reply. I hope I never need it, but it's there if I do. Much better than calling a service.

Larry

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From micky@21:1/5 to iconlarry44@gmail.com on Mon Aug 16 04:53:13 2021
    In rec.autos.tech, on Thu, 29 Jul 2021 07:23:04 -0700 (PDT), larry cohen <iconlarry44@gmail.com> wrote:

Larry

Larry

Before they had these things I carried jumper cables. I hooked my end
    up and stood there holding the other ends. Someone usually stopped.
    One time a pretty girl did. That really surprised me.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05