• 2014 dodge caravan power seat.

From synthius2002@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 20 16:58:10 2021
    My respect for the industry is plummeting. First time user of a friends stow n go seats, power seat bumps into something and fails. With it far forward the vehicle is undriveable. Replaced fuse. Rumors of a circuit breaker, but no way to find it.
    Off topic videos about hand cranking but they clearly don’t apply here. I wouldn’t mind an hour long crank with a screw driver. Found a possible bolt at the end of a threaded drive rod, but only a 16mm socket fits it, and it slips. I’m thinking of
    stuffing the socket with sheet tin but that never worked in the past.

The is a plastic shield over the front-back threaded rod which might reveal a crankable component, but I don’t want to break it it isn’t mine. The trim over the switches has some obscure torn bolt holding it or I’d check the wiring.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From synthius2002@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 20 23:37:09 2021
    <.. obscure torn bolt holding it or I’d check the wiring.>
    TORX, some obscure torx head

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From AMuzi@21:1/5 to synthi...@yahoo.com on Fri May 21 09:06:59 2021
    On 5/21/2021 1:37 AM, synthi...@yahoo.com wrote:
    <.. obscure torn bolt holding it or I’d check the wiring.>
    TORX, some obscure torx head

I don't know.
    But whatever problem you have, someone else has been there
    before:

https://www.justanswer.com/dodge/7jd12-grand-caravan-drivers-side-power-seat-2005-grand-caravan.html

https://www.fixya.com/cars/t16591647-move_dodge_power_seat_back_manually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_B4m5x_b28

There's three, could well be a different problem but The
    Inter Webs are full of similar.

--
    Andrew Muzi
    <www.yellowjersey.org/>
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From synthius2002@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 21 16:28:44 2021
    Yes, saw those. Rumor of circuit breaker: no idea what compartment it’s in, what it looks like, how to reset it. The harness has small yellow cases with red slider switches, which are likely wire harness connectors. Saw the crank vid, not this model.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From synthius2002@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 21 23:55:22 2021
    Well well well. Rereading a 10 year old post on dodge forum by tizzy1, for the 6th time, I see a lost line below the adds that says the breaker is in the trailing edge of the drivers seat. I had searched the area, but not under the fabrics. I’ll try
    again in daylight. Given that it was supposed to reset when I detached the battery, I’m only half hopeful, and still want hand crank info.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From synthius2002@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat May 22 15:14:15 2021
    Nope, rumor false. The seat pan is solid and over engineered, nothing to see. The delicate pseudo cloth ends of the seat and back cushions can be unclipped, but only 2 connectors are in there, prob one for the lumbar and one for the active head support.
    Connectors are so complicated in molding and parts there could be a thing hidden inside, but this job is already too Indiana Jones as it is.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ArchEnema 67@21:1/5 to synthi...@yahoo.com on Sat Jul 24 05:10:47 2021
    On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 6:14:16 PM UTC-4, synthi...@yahoo.com wrote:
    Nope, rumor false. The seat pan is solid and over engineered, nothing to see. The delicate pseudo cloth ends of the seat and back cushions can be unclipped, but only 2 connectors are in there, prob one for the lumbar and one for the active head support.
    Connectors are so complicated in molding and parts there could be a thing hidden inside, but this job is already too Indiana Jones as it is.

Turns out I had the wrong fuze. Having forgotten to close the fuze lid, I went back to it later when the sun was just right and saw the fuse map molded into the lid. There was a second seat fuse at J1, and that was it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05