• 91 Integra - unstable handling- bad shocks?

From ezd326@aol.com@21:1/5 to Robert on Fri Mar 3 09:00:23 2017
    On Monday, October 12, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Robert wrote:
    I own an all-original 5-spd '91 Acura Integra Coupe that recently went past 100,000 miles. I've been concered lately with some unstable handling and I'm wondering if bad shocks or something else with the suspension is the culprit.

For example, if I hit a bump on the road at speeds above 35mph, the car will 'float' to one side and I have to correct my steering. Another scarry situation is during hard braking the car will sway to the right and nosedive somewhat.

I've pushed down on each corner of the car to test the shocks and there is plenty of resistance and it bounces up only once. Having 100,000+ miles now, is it just time to replace the shocks/struts? What other critical parts of the
    suspension need to be checked/replaced on an Integra with this much milage?

Finally, who manufactures shocks for Acura? I would be interested in
    the aftermarket version if it is the same and would cost less than the dealer's. Thanks for any helpful advice.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From ezd326@aol.com@21:1/5 to Robert on Fri Mar 3 09:01:04 2017
    I own an all-original 5-spd '91 Acura Integra Coupe that recently went past 100,000 miles. I've been concered lately with some unstable handling and I'm wondering if bad shocks or something else with the suspension is the culprit.

For example, if I hit a bump on the road at speeds above 35mph, the car will 'float' to one side and I have to correct my steering. Another scarry situation is during hard braking the car will sway to the right and nosedive somewhat.

I've pushed down on each corner of the car to test the shocks and there is plenty of resistance and it bounces up only once. Having 100,000+ miles now, is it just time to replace the shocks/struts? What other critical parts of the

the aftermarket version if it is the same and would cost less than the dealer's. Thanks for any helpful advice.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ezd326@aol.com@21:1/5 to Robert on Fri Mar 3 09:05:12 2017

it is your lower control arm bushing my 98 did the same thing and finally changed those and I just tested it and no more problem hope it works for you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05