• I miss this place

From Kirk@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jul 15 14:35:54 2017
    I still receive notifications of postings but it isn't the same. Jan Anderson is on Facebook. So are aome of the other old faces.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Tricky@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 17 06:49:37 2017
    I don't know how I just arrived here ? .. anyway , very surprised to see anyone still posting ! Most of my cars ar still VW .. incl the 924's ! lol
    and , yep , I miss this place too !

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bill Berckman@21:1/5 to Tricky on Mon Jan 15 20:23:13 2018
    I am still around, but now VWs at the moment. Not aircooled, but have owned a 07 Honda Element for the last 8 years. I have gotten back into bicycling and camping and the use the Element as a camper and bike hauler. Do miss the glory days of Ramva
    around the time of Y2K. It was a great group of ACVW enthusiast at the time and may never be repeated or replicated on the web based forums. Anyone remember the New Years Eve 24 hour VW chat. I think that Jan Andersson acutally stayed active in the chat
    room for all 24 hours one year.

On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 9:49:38 AM UTC-4, Tricky wrote:
    I don't know how I just arrived here ? .. anyway , very surprised to see anyone still posting ! Most of my cars ar still VW .. incl the 924's ! lol

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kaferdave@21:1/5 to Bill Berckman on Thu Feb 22 16:08:10 2018
    On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 8:23:14 PM UTC-8, Bill Berckman wrote:
    I am still around, but now VWs at the moment. Not aircooled, but have owned a 07 Honda Element for the last 8 years. I have gotten back into bicycling and camping and the use the Element as a camper and bike hauler. Do miss the glory days of Ramva
    around the time of Y2K. It was a great group of ACVW enthusiast at the time and may never be repeated or replicated on the web based forums. Anyone remember the New Years Eve 24 hour VW chat. I think that Jan Andersson acutally stayed active in the chat
    room for all 24 hours one year.

On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 9:49:38 AM UTC-4, Tricky wrote:

Hi, Bill !! Remember the ride we took in Sharon Woods, wityh that RUF-Equipped 998 Porsche?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jroza1@21:1/5 to VWGirl on Thu Apr 16 10:32:02 2020
    On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 at 6:25:30 PM UTC-7, VWGirl wrote:
    The people, the knowledge, the bickering, all of it. There will never again be the RAMVA that once was. Just want to all to know that I love and miss you all <3

I remember this group close to 20 years ago... I sold a few cars here to ANT and caused a little mayhem myself. I find that some of these old groups still have people getting messages. I am trying to track down ANT the Menace - I sold him 2 cars and 1 I
    would like to see if I can find... It's. a chopped 64 convertible with a removable hard/soft top.

If anyone knows of Ant's whereabouts or the 64' I would love to know...

Josh

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Kirk@21:1/5 to VWGirl on Sat May 2 08:33:41 2020
    On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 at 6:25:30 PM UTC-7, VWGirl wrote:
    The people, the knowledge, the bickering, all of it. There will never again be the RAMVA that once was. Just want to all to know that I love and miss you all <3

There isn't much going on anymore. I have gone from a '63 daily driver to having a '64 garage queen. A quick weekend swap of a turnkey rebuild of the original motor has turned into a month and a half of (oh, that tin is missing, the generator has rotting
    wire insulation, wait - the heat risers are perforated, is that transmission oil leading, Where are the studs for the engine to transmission mounting, etc.
    Funny too how what was easy 30 years ago is a lot harder to manage now (without assistance).
    KW
    -----------------
    '64 Beetle - the Blue Wave

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From nicklong1220@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jul 4 05:59:46 2020
    Randomly remembered this group while talking about the old days.

I don't even remember what my user name was. I remember being here for hours and hours each day though!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From MFK59@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 29 06:07:23 2021
    Wow, I stumbled across a ‘RAMVA’ note in my VW info file recently from when I was getting ready to start my early ’55 project a few years back. I got curious and made my way here which wasn’t the easiest thing to do given the rather crappy
    Google methodology of finding and searching the old newsgroups nowadays. My project went on hiatus after taking my car to a shop to be worked on that stole my OG fenders and decklid, went out of business, and I had to retrieve the remains. I retired
    around then, moved, and other parts of life intruded as well. I didn’t post much when I was here, it was mainly a way of educating myself about various aspects of AC VW’s. John Henry was here and I bought a set of his early ’55 taillight brackets.
    I note the passing of Bob Hoover which has been quite a while now. The Samba picked up speed and I guess ramva fell by the wayside. My ’55 project is now back on the list of things to do. The rust free body and pan are still with me. A set of very
    nice (expensive) new front and rear fenders from the ‘funky green panel’ people have been added. I was always determined to finish the car. Anyway, cheers to everyone still out there. -mike-

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05