• Re: Higher speedlimits = no increase in collisions or severity there of

From Blach Lee@21:1/5 to Nate Nagel on Thu Mar 23 12:56:57 2023
    On Saturday, June 28, 2008 at 2:58:59 PM UTC-7, Nate Nagel wrote:
    Larrybud wrote:
    Brent P <tetraethylle...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:89GdnYynFKO2gfjV...@comcast.com:

On 2008-06-27, Larrybud <larryb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

1974 is when they changed how fatalities were measured. >>>>>>Everything about the 55mph NMSL was fraud.

How does one reclassify a dead guy?

This shouldn't have to be re-explained to you. It's when the
    person died. In 1974 they shortened the period of time between
    the collision and death. Prior to 1974 I think it was a year....
    this dramatically decreased what was considered a fatality from
    a traffic collision.

LOL! I didn't realize it was ever "explained" to me in the first >>>place. Love to see a cite for that.

It was well cited several times in the last few YEARS. google it >>yourself.

Sorry, I have a life outside of r.a.d. I can't really remember a
    million posts in the last few years.
    Obviously, few of us can. However, Brent is correct, it's been
    discussed at length here before, so if you care to learn more, cites are only a google away. I believe it might have been JCW or maybe Chuck Tomlinson that posted an excellent summary of the issue.
    nate
    --
    replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

The smug Chuck (I can safely drive 40 MPH in a parking lot because I own a Corvette and I'm special) Tomlinson?

It's no surprise that these fools are still ignoring the laws of physics after all these years (old newsgroup reader here).

Being able to get away with higher speeds doesn't make them inherently safer, since a faster vehicle carries a lot more kinetic energy and crashes happen when things go wrong, not right. This is not debatable. Cherry-picking crashes only related to speed
    differentials is a convenient way to dodge physics.

A lot of fuel is also being wasted with ego-gratifying 80 MPH limits, but shallow Americans don't care.

Recent developments in woke ideology and "all or nothing" modes of thinking explain why speed freaks refuse to think critically.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)