• headgasket replacement 2nd time in a week

From michael@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 30 16:18:01 2017
    i have a 2006, I got it with 104.000 on it over a year ago.now it has 146.000 on it. I started to see oil in the coolant res about 3 months back was thinking oil cooler but it wasn't, then the only thing is the head gasket and then yes it blew about a month back. I've replaced head gaskets resurfaced heads myself, the new gaskets were 3-tier metal but separated when received
    and I questioned whether I should use them or not. I've replaced ovr 10 head gaskets and have never seen them separated like the new ones. A couple friends looked at them and thought they looked good. I reassembled the motor, and it ran like a new motor, even better than when I bought it. I didn't get too excited right away since I wanted to allow a week, & after 5 days, the gasket blew again, so I pulled the heads again when I un-torqued one of the heads,
    the bolts were not as tight as when I first torqued them down. I didn't re-torque the heads after starting the engine the first time after install and once engine cooled down. Could this cause the gaskets to blow again?? I dont know but I'm going to blow it myself if it happens again! I will be sending the heads this time out to be pressure tested & resurfaced and hoping they
    find a crack or something because I have no idea what else it can be. I Need Help, Suggestions, or if Anyone has had this experience, Please reply...

--
    for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/chrysler/headgasket-replacement-2nd-time-in-a-week-72279-.htm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From passerby@21:1/5 to passerby on Fri Dec 8 07:18:03 2017
    replying to michael, passerby wrote:
    i have a 2006
    It must be a Chrysler, since it's posted here, and it was made in 2006. But what model is it?

--
    for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/chrysler/headgasket-replacement-2nd-time-in-a-week-72279-.htm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)