• Why no 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipses around?

From Mitzu@21:1/5 to All on Sat Apr 23 09:39:03 2016
    Will post a photo after this message.

I'm just curious why these are so hard to find. I've got a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse I'm restoring to new condition. Still runs like a bat out of hell, just needs some cosmetic items - plastic parts, upholstery and detailing to bring back to new look.

For the last year or so I have looked around locally and online to see what is worth and can't find any of these for sale. Also struck out getting replies from Mitsubishi car clubs.

If I didn't own one, I would guess that they are all off the road. KBB value is super low typical of a 26 year old car. But to me the classic value and the fact that it's still good transportation should be higher. Still gets over 25 mpg, passes smog
    with flying colors, etc...

Also have researched DSM 1G's and don't see any reasons they would not be an ideal collector car or hot rod.

I'd like to hear any comments about this car from people who have owned one of the DSM 1Gs. I know that the model changed after 1990-91.

Thanks.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Mitzu@21:1/5 to All on Sat Apr 23 09:46:50 2016
    "Mitzu" <mitsu-7007b@google.com> wrote in message news:g5WdncODbYlrOYbKnZ2dnUU7-UHNnZ2d@earthlink.com...

I'm just curious why these are so hard to find. I've got a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse I'm restoring to new condition. Still runs like a bat out of hell, just needs some cosmetic items - plastic parts, upholstery and detailing to bring back to new look.

For the last year or so I have looked around locally and online to see what is worth and can't find any of these for sale. Also struck out getting replies from Mitsubishi car clubs.

If I didn't own one, I would guess that they are all off the road. KBB value is super low typical of a 26 year old car. But to me the classic value and the fact that it's still good transportation should be higher. Still gets over 25 mpg, passes smog
    with flying colors, etc...

Also have researched DSM 1G's and don't see any reasons they would not be an ideal collector car or hot rod.

I'd like to hear any comments about this car from people who have owned one of the DSM 1Gs. I know that the model changed after 1990-91.

Thanks.

PS -- I forgot to say that I'm not selling it. Just curious why I don't see them.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From greybuck@21:1/5 to Mitzu on Sat Apr 23 18:49:05 2016
    On Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 10:38:15 AM UTC-6, Mitzu wrote:

If I didn't own one, I would guess that they are all off the road. KBB value is super low typical of a 26 year old car. But to me the classic value and the fact that it's still good transportation should be higher. Still gets over 25 mpg, passes
    smog with flying colors, etc...

Thanks.

I had a co-worker that had a 1990 Plymouth Laser, which is comparable, from what I understand. Not sure why there is not more of a following for these. I was impressed with the acceleration that it had.

KM

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mitzu@21:1/5 to Mitzu on Sun May 8 06:37:49 2016
    "greybuck" <kmath50@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d6128349-5221-4a55-a120-28d1f618e52c@googlegroups.com...
    On Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 10:38:15 AM UTC-6, Mitzu wrote:

If I didn't own one, I would guess that they are all off the road. KBB value is super low typical of a 26 year old car. But to me the classic value and the fact that it's still good transportation should be higher. Still gets over 25 mpg, passes
    smog with flying colors, etc...

Thanks.

I had a co-worker that had a 1990 Plymouth Laser, which is comparable, from what I understand. Not sure why there is not more of a following for these. I was impressed with the acceleration that it had.

KM

---

Yes, that's for sure. Not bad for a 26 years old car. This one still does. It has about 130K miles with 30K on rebuilt trans and head. All it needs is painting. Maybe I'll get it painted bright red and park it across from the high school at
    graduation time with a for sale sign on it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05