• Teenager from Gosberton hits the top in Texas

From bra@21:1/5 to All on Sat Oct 23 12:27:42 2021
    Gosberton, of course, is a Fen village between Horbling Fen and Fosdyke, pop. 3,000. Abbi Pulling's dad Andy was a regular hot-rod and stock-car driver at the now defunct Boston oval track at Blyton Airfield. He is a welder/fabricator.

Abbi did very well racing karts, and a wise talent scout listed her as a 'reserve' for the W Series. She has since raced only twice in the W Series. This weekend, a Russian W driver was unable to go to Austin Texas, so they called 18-year old Abbi
    Pulling.

In qualifying Abbi promptly blitzed the whole field, showing no fear of car or corners. The W Series field has some experienced and wealthy and solidly-backed drivers, some of whom are asking "Who is Abbi Pulling?"

Watch the first of two races, on UK YouTube.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From ~misfit~@21:1/5 to bra on Sun Oct 24 14:40:47 2021
    On 24/10/2021 8:27 am, bra wrote:
    Gosberton, of course, is a Fen village between Horbling Fen and Fosdyke, pop. 3,000. Abbi Pulling's dad Andy was a regular hot-rod and stock-car driver at the now defunct Boston oval track at Blyton Airfield. He is a welder/fabricator.

Abbi did very well racing karts, and a wise talent scout listed her as a 'reserve' for the W Series. She has since raced only twice in the W Series. This weekend, a Russian W driver was unable to go to Austin Texas, so they called 18-year old Abbi
    Pulling.

In qualifying Abbi promptly blitzed the whole field, showing no fear of car or corners. The W Series field has some experienced and wealthy and solidly-backed drivers, some of whom are asking "Who is Abbi Pulling?"

Maybe put 'W Series spoiler' in the subject next time? I still haven't watched any W Series from
    this weekend yet and wouldn't have opened your post if I'd known what was in it.
    --
    Shaun.

"Humans will have advanced a long, long way when religious belief has a cozy little classification
    in the DSM"
    David Melville

This is not an email and hasn't been checked for viruses by any half-arsed self-promoting software.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ~misfit~@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 24 18:05:02 2021
    On 24/10/2021 2:40 pm, ~misfit~ wrote:
    Gosberton, of course, is a Fen village between Horbling Fen and Fosdyke, pop. 3,000.  Abbi
    Pulling's dad Andy was a regular hot-rod and stock-car driver at the now defunct Boston oval
    track at Blyton Airfield. He is a welder/fabricator.

Abbi did very well racing karts, and a wise talent scout listed her as a 'reserve' for the W
    Series. She has since raced only twice in the W Series. This weekend, a Russian W driver was
    unable to go to Austin Texas, so they called 18-year old Abbi Pulling.

In qualifying Abbi promptly blitzed the whole field, showing no fear of car or corners. The W
    Series field has some experienced and wealthy and solidly-backed drivers, some of whom are asking
    "Who is Abbi Pulling?"

Maybe put 'W Series spoiler' in the subject next time? I still haven't watched any W Series from
    this weekend yet and wouldn't have opened your post if I'd known what was in it.

Also wealth doesn't matter in W Series. (Obviously it does in getting results so that you might get
    noticed for the series but once there all seats are fully funded.)

The other drivers know well who she is too as she's been in Sidorcova's (who tested positive for
    COVID) seat since Zandvort as well as racing in W Series this year at Silverstone. She finished in
    the points in both races.

Abbi has also consistently finished in the top 10 (often in the top 5) in British F4 for the last
    two years. It's not like she's come from nowhere.
    --
    Shaun.

"Humans will have advanced a long, long way when religious belief has a cozy little classification
    in the DSM"
    David Melville

This is not an email and hasn't been checked for viruses by any half-arsed self-promoting software.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From texas gate@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 24 06:41:42 2021
    On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 11:05:06 PM UTC-6, ~misfit~ wrote:
    Gosberton, of course, is a Fen village between Horbling Fen and Fosdyke, pop. 3,000. Abbi
    Pulling's dad Andy was a regular hot-rod and stock-car driver at the now defunct Boston oval

Abbi did very well racing karts, and a wise talent scout listed her as a 'reserve' for the W
    Series. She has since raced only twice in the W Series. This weekend, a Russian W driver was

In qualifying Abbi promptly blitzed the whole field, showing no fear of car or corners. The W
    Series field has some experienced and wealthy and solidly-backed drivers, some of whom are asking
    "Who is Abbi Pulling?"

Also wealth doesn't matter in W Series. (Obviously it does in getting results so that you might get

The other drivers know well who she is too as she's been in Sidorcova's (who tested positive for
    COVID) seat since Zandvort as well as racing in W Series this year at Silverstone. She finished in

Abbi has also consistently finished in the top 10 (often in the top 5) in British F4 for the last

fuck off

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From texas gate@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 24 06:41:02 2021
    On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 7:40:49 PM UTC-6, ~misfit~ wrote:

Maybe put 'W Series spoiler' in the subject next time?

You fucking whiny, cock sucking, loser,
    asshole, piece of shit.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bra@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 24 12:43:12 2021
    On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 10:05:06 PM UTC-7, ~misfit~ wrote:

--
    Shaun.

It was fascinating to watch the practice sessions, with slo-mo, drivers in identical cars taking each corner. Abbi Pulling is a corner-by-corner attacker, and Emma Kimilainen is a longer-term strategic attacker. Any manufacturer and team that ignores
    Abbi Pulling would be very foolish.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bra@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 24 12:38:43 2021
    On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 6:40:49 PM UTC-7, ~misfit~ wrote:

--
    Shaun.

Damn, I'm sorry. I rush. I have a social history of giving away plots etc on TV dramas.
    By now I hope you have enjoyed both races!

I had tried to figure out Jamie Chadwick's driving in the W Series, and one of today's commentators said it very well: "If you remember Alain Prost --- Jamie is a Alain Prost." Exactly.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ~misfit~@21:1/5 to bra on Mon Oct 25 16:54:50 2021
    On 25/10/2021 8:38 am, bra wrote:
    On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 6:40:49 PM UTC-7, ~misfit~ wrote:

--
    Shaun.

Damn, I'm sorry. I rush. I have a social history of giving away plots etc on TV dramas.
    By now I hope you have enjoyed both races!

Cheers. I have, thanks. I didn't bother with the qually this time - though I'm curious as to Alice
    Powell so far back.

I had tried to figure out Jamie Chadwick's driving in the W Series, and one of today's commentators said it very well: "If you remember Alain Prost --- Jamie is a Alain Prost." Exactly.

Yep, Jamie is metronomicaly good.
    --
    Shaun.

in the DSM"
    David Melville

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ~misfit~@21:1/5 to bra on Mon Oct 25 17:24:33 2021
    On 25/10/2021 8:43 am, bra wrote:

It was fascinating to watch the practice sessions, with slo-mo, drivers in identical cars taking each corner. Abbi Pulling is a corner-by-corner attacker, and Emma Kimilainen is a longer-term strategic attacker. Any manufacturer and team that ignores

Abbi is guaranteed a full-time seat in W Series next year by dint of finishing in the top 8 on
    points (despite only competing in half of the races). It seems that having Alice Powell as a driver
    coach and mentor pays off.

I feel sorry for Irina Sidorkova catching COVID as she ended up 9th in the points. Perhaps she'll
    get a seat anyway, she's only 18 too and looks to be promising.

Emma is a very good driver also, if she's not on screen I always have an eye on her name on the
    left of the screen. She's at the other end of the age spectrum to Abbi and Ira, being a 32 y/o
    mother. It's hard for female drivers to advance, Emma was due to race in Indy Lights in 2010 but
    pulled out after she found out the major sponsor (a 'men's magazine') insisted that, as part of her
    contract, she pose topless for them!

Jamie is $500,000 richer now. It was good seeing George Russell congratulate her after she took her
    helmet off then chat with her after her TV interview. I find it odd that the winner gets 15 super
    license points - but if they take them they can't race in W Series again. How are they supposed to
    get the other 25 needed for F1?* That's a lot of F1 free practice sessions - if she can get another
    10 points first!

*(I'm aware that, because of COVID the FIA will either extend the time period for points collection
    from 3 years to 4 years - or hold a hearing and maybe allow racers with just 30 points to race in
    F1 in they decided 'force majeure' can be claimed.)

Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

in the DSM"
    David Melville

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From texas gate@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 24 22:27:43 2021
    On Sunday, October 24, 2021 at 10:24:37 PM UTC-6, ~misfit~ wrote:
    On 25/10/2021 8:43 am, bra wrote:

Abbi is guaranteed a full-time seat in W Series next year by dint of finishing in the top 8 on
    points (despite only competing in half of the races). It seems that having Alice Powell as a driver
    coach and mentor pays off.

I feel sorry for Irina Sidorkova catching COVID as she ended up 9th in the points. Perhaps she'll
    get a seat anyway, she's only 18 too and looks to be promising.

Emma is a very good driver also, if she's not on screen I always have an eye on her name on the
    left of the screen. She's at the other end of the age spectrum to Abbi and Ira, being a 32 y/o
    mother. It's hard for female drivers to advance, Emma was due to race in Indy Lights in 2010 but
    pulled out after she found out the major sponsor (a 'men's magazine') insisted that, as part of her
    contract, she pose topless for them!

Jamie is $500,000 richer now. It was good seeing George Russell congratulate her after she took her
    helmet off then chat with her after her TV interview. I find it odd that the winner gets 15 super
    license points - but if they take them they can't race in W Series again. How are they supposed to
    get the other 25 needed for F1?* That's a lot of F1 free practice sessions - if she can get another
    10 points first!

*(I'm aware that, because of COVID the FIA will either extend the time period for points collection
    from 3 years to 4 years - or hold a hearing and maybe allow racers with just 30 points to race in
    F1 in they decided 'force majeure' can be claimed.)

What happened to your sore pussy with bras spoiler?
    You fucking ignorant cunt.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From texas gate@21:1/5 to bra on Sun Oct 24 22:47:16 2021
    On Sunday, October 24, 2021 at 1:38:45 PM UTC-6, bra wrote:

Damn, I'm sorry.

dont worry about that
    misfart could be the
    biggest piece of shit on earth

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From texas gate@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 24 23:02:34 2021
    On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 11:05:06 PM UTC-6, ~misfit~ wrote:
    Gosberton, of course, is a Fen village between Horbling Fen and Fosdyke, pop. 3,000. Abbi

"Who is Abbi Pulling?"

now you an expert on the w series
    but didnt know the schedule
    you fucking cunt
    and shit on bra for a spoiler
    can you be any more fucking annoying?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From texas gate@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 24 23:13:21 2021
    On Sunday, October 24, 2021 at 9:54:54 PM UTC-6, ~misfit~ wrote:

metronomicaly

kill yourself

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05