• Quiz time

From Fascist Flea@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 25 15:25:39 2023
    Which 20th century President uttered these remarks?

1. "I would have made a good Pope."

2. “There is nothing left to do but get drunk.” (*)

3. "I was not lying. I said things that later on seemed to be untrue."

4. "Our enemies ... never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.''

5. "Frederick Douglass is an example of somebody who's done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more."

6. "You know what happened to the Greeks! Homosexuality destroyed them. Sure, Aristotle was a homo. We all know that. So was Socrates. Do you know what happened to the Romans? The last six Roman emperors were fags....You know what happened to the Popes?
    It's all right that Popes were laying the nuns, that's been going on for years, centuries, but, when the Popes, when the Catholic Church went to hell, in, I don't know, three or four centuries ago, it was homosexual."

7. "You know, the big Jewish contributors to the Democrats. Could we please investigate some of the c***s***ers?"

8. "Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally." (*)

9. "I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."

10. “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

(*) 19th century

Note to concrete-brained Shmoos: Just try to ID the speakers. Don't make
    any fatuous claims about which remarks were intended as humorous.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)