• Has Portland found the answer?

From ScottW@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 2 07:51:30 2023
    I doubt it. I think the fact they are even considering this stupid idea shows how impossible the situation is they've spent a decade creating.

Under the proposal, homeless people would still be permitted to sleep in public spaces, including parks and construction sites, but would be required to clear out their belongings before 8 a.m. They could then settle down after 8 p.m. Officially, the
    city does not permit round-the-clock homeless camps on public property, but the existing law remains largely unenforced.

Violations would receive two warnings before facing either a $100 fine or 30 days in jail.

So all the homeless become backpackers......great idea!

ScottW

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Art Sackman@21:1/5 to ScottW on Fri Jun 2 16:36:24 2023
    On Friday, June 2, 2023 at 10:51:32 AM UTC-4, ScottW wrote:
    I doubt it. I think the fact they are even considering this stupid idea shows how impossible the situation is they've spent a decade creating.

Under the proposal, homeless people would still be permitted to sleep in public spaces, including parks and construction sites, but would be required to clear out their belongings before 8 a.m. They could then settle down after 8 p.m. Officially, the
    city does not permit round-the-clock homeless camps on public property, but the existing law remains largely unenforced.

Violations would receive two warnings before facing either a $100 fine or 30 days in jail.

So all the homeless become backpackers......great idea!

ScottW

jails are 24/7 sounds like a great deal

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)