• Acoustic Response, Series 707

From crivet1@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Christopher Bardin on Thu Aug 25 13:09:58 2016
    On Wednesday, November 22, 1995 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Christopher Bardin wrote:

Can anyone tell me how much the Acoustic Response, Series 707 A/V
    Monitor costs??

Sir,
    Could be mistaken, but sounds like the infamous speaker scam to me.
    Low quality components, cabinetry, all fluffed up to appear as HiFi. Actualy, for the unknowing listener, their sound is not all that bad, but for the $300-$500 these dealers weasel out of you, you can get far
    superior sound quality, and a system that will last for many years.
    As far as what they are worth, unfortunatley, they are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them. The value, IMO, less than $100.
    Regards, CB

In 1993 or 1994 I bought a pair in Northern Cali (white van!). He wanted $400, so my GF and I convinced him to set them up and they sounded pretty good compared to our cheap crap. We got him down to $300 for 2 pair! at $150/pair they did sound great and
    lasted forever and took a punishment. I sold them in a garage sale for $30 in 2005 or so... They are NOT hi-end audio by any means as u can tell by the cheap speaker wire inputs, but where can u get 2 14'' subs for that price? low end thumped. Get him
    down to $75 for the pair for your garage and your old lower end amp and it will be pretty good. otherwise it IS a scam.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From gofranko4@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 30 17:16:56 2016
    Hello Friends. Can anyone tell me how to or where to look for replacement parts to my Series 707 Acoustic Speakers? I'm quite sure I need to replace the the "breaker (red) push reset/button switch" on the backside of each speaker. Anyone? Thanks.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)