• Y&R...Mariah

From Legend@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 28 23:40:15 2020
    Am I mistaken, or have the writers erred in making her judgmental and self-righteous?

It seems as though she, after coming thru stages of isolation, separation from others, and a bit of, well, fear of getting into close relationships herself, followed by falling in love, and getting involved in a non-traditional relationship herself, has
    become a self-righteous person herself?

I'm speaking, mainly about her judgmental attitude toward Kyle and Theo, with a double helping for Summer! It could be part of her slowly becoming 'normal' about love, but do you think the writers are really thinking that deeply? It seems as if she just
    wants Kyle and Lola to reconcile!

I know it's nothing new; I've mentioned it before. She seems to forget that if not for Summer, Lola may not have survived this long. What's she supposed to be imagining...Kyle and Lola's 'happily ever after' being spoiled by Summer rising from the grave?

I don't like to think this, but is it because its supposed to be the way the writer's are showing that she's 'finally learned how to love?' Lola's brothers, and even Lola herself, have even intervened when Mariah and her friends have tried to eject
    Summer from gatherings held for Lola, and/or Kyle

If this continues, maybe I'll go back to watching classic reruns.

And it's a shame, because Mariah has been one of my favorites since her arrival. She had a great sense of humor, and I even expected her to break the fourth wall-if anyone on Y&R could do this, it was her! Please get busy, writers and producers...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Renate@21:1/5 to Legend on Tue Sep 1 17:15:46 2020
    On Saturday, August 29, 2020 at 2:40:16 AM UTC-4, Legend wrote:
    Am I mistaken, or have the writers erred in making her judgmental and self-righteous?

It seems as though she, after coming thru stages of isolation, separation from others, and a bit of, well, fear of getting into close relationships herself, followed by falling in love, and getting involved in a non-traditional relationship herself,
    has become a self-righteous person herself?

I'm speaking, mainly about her judgmental attitude toward Kyle and Theo, with a double helping for Summer! It could be part of her slowly becoming 'normal' about love, but do you think the writers are really thinking that deeply? It seems as if she
    just wants Kyle and Lola to reconcile!

I know it's nothing new; I've mentioned it before. She seems to forget that if not for Summer, Lola may not have survived this long. What's she supposed to be imagining...Kyle and Lola's 'happily ever after' being spoiled by Summer rising from the
    grave?

I don't like to think this, but is it because its supposed to be the way the writer's are showing that she's 'finally learned how to love?' Lola's brothers, and even Lola herself, have even intervened when Mariah and her friends have tried to eject
    Summer from gatherings held for Lola, and/or Kyle

And it's a shame, because Mariah has been one of my favorites since her arrival. She had a great sense of humor, and I even expected her to break the fourth wall-if anyone on Y&R could do this, it was her! Please get busy, writers and producers...

I cannot stand Mariah anymore. And to hate on Summer, who was conned out of a kidney for Lola and then discarded by Kyle, is just beyond being ugly.
    What a self-righteous, judgemental bitch! And she is no saint either. I remember her gas-lighting Sharon, right?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RA@21:1/5 to Legend on Tue Sep 1 21:21:02 2020
    "Renate" wrote in message news:00a0343a-7c9c-45f5-b5aa-399e935ff927o@googlegroups.com...

It seems as though she, after coming thru stages of isolation, separation from others, and a bit of, well, fear of getting into close relationships herself, followed by falling in love, and getting involved in a non-traditional relationship herself, has become a self-righteous person herself?

I'm speaking, mainly about her judgmental attitude toward Kyle and Theo,
    with a double helping for Summer! It could be part of her slowly becoming 'normal' about love, but do you think the writers are really thinking that deeply? It seems as if she just wants Kyle and Lola to reconcile!

I know it's nothing new; I've mentioned it before. She seems to forget
    that if not for Summer, Lola may not have survived this long. What's she supposed to be imagining...Kyle and Lola's 'happily ever after' being
    spoiled by Summer rising from the grave?

I don't like to think this, but is it because its supposed to be the way
    the writer's are showing that she's 'finally learned how to love?' Lola's brothers, and even Lola herself, have even intervened when Mariah and her friends have tried to eject Summer from gatherings held for Lola, and/or
    Kyle

And it's a shame, because Mariah has been one of my favorites since her arrival. She had a great sense of humor, and I even expected her to break
    the fourth wall-if anyone on Y&R could do this, it was her! Please get
    busy, writers and producers...

I cannot stand Mariah anymore. And to hate on Summer, who was conned out of
    a kidney for Lola and then discarded by Kyle, is just beyond being ugly.
    What a self-righteous, judgemental bitch! And she is no saint either. I remember her gas-lighting Sharon, right?

She also cheated on her girlfriend with someone she barely knew.

RA

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Renate@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 2 06:24:00 2020
    On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 11:21:08 PM UTC-4, RA wrote:
    "Renate" wrote in message news:00a0343a-7c9c-45f5-b5aa-399e935ff927o@googlegroups.com...

It seems as though she, after coming thru stages of isolation, separation from others, and a bit of, well, fear of getting into close relationships herself, followed by falling in love, and getting involved in a non-traditional relationship herself, has become a self-righteous person herself?

I'm speaking, mainly about her judgmental attitude toward Kyle and Theo, with a double helping for Summer! It could be part of her slowly becoming 'normal' about love, but do you think the writers are really thinking that deeply? It seems as if she just wants Kyle and Lola to reconcile!

I know it's nothing new; I've mentioned it before. She seems to forget
    that if not for Summer, Lola may not have survived this long. What's she supposed to be imagining...Kyle and Lola's 'happily ever after' being spoiled by Summer rising from the grave?

I don't like to think this, but is it because its supposed to be the way the writer's are showing that she's 'finally learned how to love?' Lola's brothers, and even Lola herself, have even intervened when Mariah and her friends have tried to eject Summer from gatherings held for Lola, and/or Kyle

I cannot stand Mariah anymore. And to hate on Summer, who was conned out of
    a kidney for Lola and then discarded by Kyle, is just beyond being ugly.

RA

Oh, I forgot that! And she is a busy-body! So annoying. Maybe she will get run over by a bus, while spying on Summer. LOL

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Legend@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 3 15:18:10 2020
    On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 11:21:08 PM UTC-4, RA wrote:

I'm speaking, mainly about her judgmental attitude toward Kyle and Theo, with a double helping for Summer! It could be part of her slowly becoming 'normal' about love, but do you think the writers are really thinking that deeply? It seems as if she just wants Kyle and Lola to reconcile!

I know it's nothing new; I've mentioned it before. She seems to forget that if not for Summer, Lola may not have survived this long. What's she supposed to be imagining...Kyle and Lola's 'happily ever after' being spoiled by Summer rising from the grave?

I don't like to think this, but is it because its supposed to be the way the writer's are showing that she's 'finally learned how to love?' Lola's brothers, and even Lola herself, have even intervened when Mariah and her friends have tried to eject Summer from gatherings held for Lola, and/or Kyle

I cannot stand Mariah anymore. And to hate on Summer, who was conned out of a kidney for Lola and then discarded by Kyle, is just beyond being ugly.

RA

Before this, I was always seeing Mariah as...well, the one character who seemed to KNOW that she was in a soap opera...as some book reviewers have said that writers always put themselves into a story. Now, she's just a self-righteous bitch with a
    skewered moral compass. I had trouble with her and Tessa at first, when Tessa was lying to her, and blackmailing Sharon. Now, I'm starting to think that Tessa's too good for her!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05