• Re: ATWT Friday Our sweet Jack

From Matt Greene@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jul 8 14:09:26 2023
    On Sunday, June 21, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Joe&Deb wrote:
    Yes, Cheryl, he's a handsome guy. However, I'm going to have to debate you on
    Julia. I like her fine, she's relaxed and gotten into her character more, but
    she's not the one for Jack. I just don't buy their forced "Cinderella" story.
    I found myself all week not really caring about whether they finally run into
    each other or not. I just don't feel any heat between them. (And don't get me
    started about Emma's matchmaking. Since when wouldn't Emma just tell Jack the
    truth? "Julia is here and she never got your note, so just go talk to her." Or
    to Julia, "Jack left you a note, and then waited for you all dressed up in Chicago, just go talk to him, he's back in town." GRRR.)
    I loved Emma through all of this...she knows how stubborn both Jack AND Julia are, and that in this case, the only way to get the two together would be the way she did...
    I want our sweet Jack happy, but they are really forcing this on us. They've
    only known each other a couple of soap-time weeks, and he is NOT in love with
    her, no matter what Emma says.
    Maybe he's not YET but I think that Emma knows that if the two could just get together they COULD fall in love, if they'd only let themselves...
    Now Jack and Emily, as Cheryl and Glenn wrote about earlier this week, that would be ok. I like the idea of them comparing notes and later realizing they
    are good together. Not to mention that Emily and Carly have a similar look, and a lot of the men I know tend to go for one "type" of look. (Yeah, yeah, great personality and all that, but it's true, IMO). Whew, I hadn't meant to
    go on and on like that, but when it's our Jack...
    I've said it before, Jack deserves better than Emily. And this is something I've changed my mind about (I used to think they'd make a good couple-mostly right after the love ads thing) but I STRONGLY feel otherwise now. I'd much rather see him with someone honest AND beautiful. This is the same reason I don't think he and Carly should be together anymore (and again, I used to). Emily is nothing but a lying manipulator who will do whatever she has to to get
    what she wants, and so is Carly. Look at what she's doing to Hal! And people want Jack with someone like that??? No, I think he and Julia should be together. First of all, they complement each other as far as looks go, they look very nice together. Second of all, they are both stubborn as a stuck door. And third, they DO share chemistry...even if they ARE too stubborn to admit it!
    I agree, Jack has almost as much chemistry with Julia as he has with Carly. I'm shocked when everyone says he and Julia have NO chemistry. And she's Carly's opposite, which makes for a good triangle.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Lynn Kelly@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 5 18:31:53 2023
    Rest In Peace As the World Turns 1956-2010

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)