• Y&R Other Shows From This Week...

From Legend@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 25 22:11:23 2020
    After seeing a show, actually, part of a show, from the Dreaded Reliquary Story Line, I was tempted to hold off watching, for the rest of the week.

But I re-watched this weeks first show, about Chris (then called 'Cricket') and Danny finding Traci, after an apparent suicide attempt...
    Well, Chris arrived first, smelled gas, turned off the jets, then tried reviving Traci by slapping her, and talking.

When Danny arrived, he continued in like fashion, until it seemed she wasn't going to revive...

Only THEN calling 911, just to hang up on them, when Traci woke up!

I can't believe that emergency response has changed so much! I'm pretty sure it hasn't. Turned out that Traci had found out she was pregnant, and when she went to tell the father, she found him with another woman! I know that Traci has always has a low
    self-image, but-suicide? And her friends take their time,
    calling for medical help? Glad we don't live in such times!

Still, interesting to see the fashions of the time-I think the show was from 1984-and seeing Christine, Gina, Nikki, Lauren all looking so young was a bit of a treat.

Today's show was from 1991. Focusing mainly on Nikki's drinking problem following a riding accident(?), it focused on Jack, who was married to her at the time, and his frustration with having to deal with her public drinking, and private blackouts. That,
    I remember, was an interesting story.

Also, it featured Dina and Jill, both divorced from John, both trying to rectify that situation. It's always good to see Dina, and, although she really wasn't on the show that often, I wish I had realized that before character and actress were past 80!

So, with one passed show not-too-good simply by being too recent, and one from The Dreaded Reliquary days, I think that whoever is in charge is doing a pretty good job, picking out classics. From this side...not in a hurry to see the new shows. When they
    do return, remember... some 'classics' contain irrelevant info, and there is one that would be welcome by very few...yes, The Dreaded Reliquary!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Zob@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 26 12:41:58 2020
    On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 22:11:23 -0700 (PDT), Legend <livinnow@gmail.com>
    wrote:

After seeing a show, actually, part of a show, from the Dreaded Reliquary Story Line, I was tempted to hold off watching, for the rest of the week.

But I re-watched this weeks first show, about Chris (then called 'Cricket') and Danny finding Traci, after an apparent suicide attempt...
    Well, Chris arrived first, smelled gas, turned off the jets, then tried reviving Traci by slapping her, and talking.

When Danny arrived, he continued in like fashion, until it seemed she wasn't going to revive...

I know, right? I literally laughed out loud at this. Instead of
    calling 911 Cricket calls Danny, and then Danny pats Traci's face and
    says, "Are you all right? Wake up!" after being told that the gas
    was left on. How did they know she didn't have brain damage or
    serious lung damage from the gas inhalation? I couldn't believe they
    didn't call an ambulance. Maybe it was the writers who had brain
    damage.

I can't believe that emergency response has changed so much! I'm pretty sure it hasn't. Turned out that Traci had found out she was pregnant, and when she went to tell the father, she found him with another woman! I know that Traci has always has a low

Still, interesting to see the fashions of the time-I think the show was from 1984-and seeing Christine, Gina, Nikki, Lauren all looking so young was a bit of a treat.

Yep. Lots of big hair on both the women and the men! I remember
    that era and had some big hair of my own, lol.

So, with one passed show not-too-good simply by being too recent, and one from The Dreaded Reliquary days, I think that whoever is in charge is doing a pretty good job, picking out classics. From this side...not in a hurry to see the new shows. When
    they do return, remember... some 'classics' contain irrelevant info, and there is one that would be welcome by very few...yes, The Dreaded Reliquary!

Agreed.

The "reliquary" is to Y&R as the "Steffy-Wyatt-Hope-Liam quadrangle"
    is to B&B. Anathema.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Renate@21:1/5 to Legend on Wed Jul 1 09:59:22 2020
    On Friday, June 26, 2020 at 1:11:24 AM UTC-4, Legend wrote:

Today's show was from 1991. Focusing mainly on Nikki's drinking problem following a riding accident(?), it focused on Jack, who was married to her at the time, and his frustration with having to deal with her public drinking, and private blackouts.
    That, I remember, was an interesting story.

Also, it featured Dina and Jill, both divorced from John, both trying to rectify that situation. It's always good to see Dina, and, although she really wasn't on the show that often, I wish I had realized that before character and actress were past 80!

So, with one passed show not-too-good simply by being too recent, and one from The Dreaded Reliquary days, I think that whoever is in charge is doing a pretty good job, picking out classics. From this side...not in a hurry to see the new shows. When
    they do return, remember... some 'classics' contain irrelevant info, and there is one that would be welcome by very few...yes, The Dreaded Reliquary!

I don't know about those "great old shows". I find them all a little corny and I am glad to go back to the new ones.
    Renate

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Legend@21:1/5 to Zob on Sat Jul 4 12:34:43 2020
    On Friday, June 26, 2020 at 12:41:59 PM UTC-4, Zob wrote:
    On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 22:11:23 -0700 (PDT), Legend <livinnow@gmail.com>
    wrote:

I know, right? I literally laughed out loud at this. Instead of
    calling 911 Cricket calls Danny, and then Danny pats Traci's face and
    says, "Are you all right? Wake up!" after being told that the gas
    was left on. How did they know she didn't have brain damage or
    serious lung damage from the gas inhalation? I couldn't believe they
    didn't call an ambulance. Maybe it was the writers who had brain
    damage.

I can't believe that emergency response has changed so much! I'm pretty sure it hasn't. Turned out that Traci had found out she was pregnant, and when she went to tell the father, she found him with another woman! I know that Traci has always has a
    low self-image, but-suicide? And her friends take their time,

Yep. Lots of big hair on both the women and the men! I remember
    that era and had some big hair of my own, lol.

Agreed.

The "reliquary" is to Y&R as the "Steffy-Wyatt-Hope-Liam quadrangle"
    is to B&B. Anathema.

They just showed the episode, when Isabella drugged, and tried to drown, Christine.

When Paul and Michael arrived, they called 911, and the police and paramedics responded!

So, did they just learn their lesson, or did someone give them a crash course in how to act, when coming upon someone badly Hurt, in an accident, suicide attempt(Isabel did try to make it look like one), or actual attack?

I mean, if someone's badly Hurt, you call in emergency medical help!

Sorry, but I keep thinking about the first show. Plus, with the new format, I was having trouble responding...I could start a thread, but was having trouble responding to others. Anyone else have any problems?

Glad thar TPTB learned their lesson!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05