• B&B: I Spy Kim Matula (Hope) on 9-1-1 Lone Star

From Lynn Kelly@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 12 10:59:03 2021
    Near the end of a recent show which aired on Fox, it took me a
    few moments to recognize Kim Matula guest starring as an
    owner of a food truck who was using a mobile app to mediate
    without noticing lava was bubbling out of the ground. I didn't
    know there was volcanic activity in the state of Texas!

Anyhoo, for those who don't know, Matula played Dope from
    2010 to 2014 when she left the show to pursue a career in
    primetime TV and movies. She appeared in the movie
    "Dawn Patrol" which was reviewed and scorched by
    The Hollywood Reporter in 2015:

"I've got to tell you my story," says the central character to a masked woman holding a gun to his head in the opening moments of Daniel Petrie's low-rent revenge thriller. Unfortunately for the audience, his story does proceed to unfold in flashback,
    and at a maddeningly sluggish pace at that. Playing like a white-trash Greek tragedy, Dawn Patrol squanders the good will that budding screen heartthrob Scott Eastwood earned for his recent starring turn in The Longest Ride.

The chiseled actor, looking uncannily like his father in his Rawhide days, plays John, the most laid-back member of a southern California surfing family that includes his hot-headed brother Ben (Chris Brochu), his substance-addicted, anger-prone father
    Trick (Jeff Fahey) and his mother (Rita Wilson), who may be the toughest of the bunch.

Set in 2008, the film takes pains to depict the clan's impoverished financial circumstances, with their rage particularly directed at the Mexicans who dare to intrude on their favorite beach.

The plot is set in motion when Ben spots his on-again/off-again girlfriend Donna (Kim Matula) canoodling with her new guy, Miguel (Gabriel De Santi). A fight breaks out, and after Ben dispatches the interloper he throws Donna down on the surf and
    impulsively proposes, to which she responds by pulling down his pants.

When Ben is later found murdered on the beach his parents assume the killer is Miguel, leading them to exhort John to exact revenge. As his father not so subtly puts it, "You've got a grave to cry on. Don't you want one to spit on?"

Donna, meanwhile, attempts to surmount her grief by immediately coming on to John, who despite his best intentions finds it impossible to resist when she takes off her clothes and practically attacks him.

...Eastwood is sympathetic in the lead role, displaying the low-key charisma that bodes well for future outings in hopefully better projects. The scenery-chewing Wilson and Fahey fare less well, although to be fair they're saddled with ridiculous
    characters. But the worst victim is Matula, whose exploitative nude scenes leave a sour aftertaste.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/dawn-patrol-film-review-800090

--
    Lynn K.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)