• Almost a Month and no New Posts!

From Renate@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 22 15:48:41 2021
    That kind of says it all, doesn't it?
    Y&R's treatment of February sweeps is somewhat disappointing. Or aren't there any February sweeps anymore?
    Abby's baby story is bizarre. A husband that just takes off (yes, I know he got fired) and she decides she has a dire need for a baby per sperm donor. Jeeze!
    Now Devon will be the father? Mariah the surrogate mother. Surely that won't cause problems. Devon is not one to give up a child....
    Sally and Jack are silly, but I look forward to the reactions of everybody. Kyle is a daddy, but too scared to talk about it lest the Locke Ness Monster will try to castrate him.
    What else bugs me... oh, I forgot! It is all just too annoying.
    They need new writers at Y&R!
    Hope everybody is well,
    Renate

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Legend@21:1/5 to Renate on Mon Feb 22 21:11:29 2021
    On Monday, February 22, 2021 at 6:48:42 PM UTC-5, Renate wrote:
    Y&R's treatment of February sweeps is somewhat disappointing. Or aren't there any February sweeps anymore?
    Abby's baby story is bizarre. A husband that just takes off (yes, I know he got fired) and she decides she has a dire need for a baby per sperm donor. Jeeze!
    Now Devon will be the father? Mariah the surrogate mother. Surely that won't cause problems. Devon is not one to give up a child....
    Sally and Jack are silly, but I look forward to the reactions of everybody. Kyle is a daddy, but too scared to talk about it lest the Locke Ness Monster will try to castrate him.
    Hope everybody is well,
    Renate

Well, you answered mine. I agree...Devon won't agree to drop out of the baby's life. What if Chance is transferred out of town, or something? There are so many things a couple should discuss, with each other, before taking such a step!

And Kyle won't be happy for long, not knowing whether this child is his. And think...he was married before, and it seems that Theo knew most of the details. Did Kyle tell Lola anything about this? And he's trusting Mariah not to tell either, Lola or
    Summer, though she's friends with Lola, and can't stand Summer! So, neither love nor hate can make her break this promise?

Sorry, this is so different from and soap thread I've seen for years! Putting aside everything we know of the characters, it simply does not make sense. And this is a sweeps month? It's almost like trying for another hiatus! Oh, well, there are still
    some decent old episodes!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PlatinumBlonde@21:1/5 to Renate on Tue Feb 23 15:07:48 2021
    On 22/02/2021 6:48 p.m., Renate wrote:

Exactly !

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Zob@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 23 23:53:29 2021
    On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 15:48:41 -0800 (PST), Renate <muunstruk@gmail.com>
    wrote:

Now Devon will be the father?

Which is ridiculous. Devon should be the last person to be a sperm
    donor with his genes. His mother was a crack ho and he has a
    congenital hearing defect. Yeah, great traits to pass down to Abby's
    kid.
    And yes, this whole baby story is bizarre.

Mariah the surrogate mother. Surely that won't cause problems. Devon is not one to give up a child....

Sally and Jack are silly, but I look forward to the reactions of everybody.
    A Sally/Gloria feud might be fun though.

Kyle is a daddy, but too scared to talk about it lest the Locke Ness Monster will try to castrate him.
    Yep.

Hope everybody is well,
    Renate

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Zob@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 23 23:55:53 2021
    On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 15:07:48 -0500, PlatinumBlonde <plat@nohairyy.com>
    wrote:

On 22/02/2021 6:48 p.m., Renate wrote:

... again!!!

Exactly !

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05