• Y&R first post-hiatus major event

From Legend@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 1 15:33:33 2020
    Chance and Abby's wedding, of course. Beautiful wedding, yet some questions raised...

MIA's-Faith, Kevin & Chloe (they're the ones who live there, after all), Billy, Lily, Cane, Summer, Kyle, Faith, Sharon...

I know some of these people weren't on the bride's or groom's fan clubs, but neither were some of those present. The only person who definitely got an invite and turned it down was Phyllis! Could these people 'show up later or later, apologize for their
    abscences? Looks like socially distanced acting!

Time factor...was it really the place for everyone to reminisce about their own lost loves? Yes, the Abbotts all miss Dina...but the lack of her physical presence, imo, at least, makes the Dina factor a bit sappy...not that I'll ever forget Marla Adams!

Well, just wanted to point a few things out...and nothing should keep TPTB from giving the actors and crew the safest holiday season possible!

Anyone else have an opinion on Abby's wedding dress? To me, it looked like they were avoiding both 'too much' and 'not enough' and succeeding. Though not always in the most aesthetically pleasing manner!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Renate@21:1/5 to Legend on Wed Dec 2 10:01:42 2020
    On Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 6:33:34 PM UTC-5, Legend wrote:
    Chance and Abby's wedding, of course. Beautiful wedding, yet some questions raised...

MIA's-Faith, Kevin & Chloe (they're the ones who live there, after all), Billy, Lily, Cane, Summer, Kyle, Faith, Sharon...

I know some of these people weren't on the bride's or groom's fan clubs, but neither were some of those present. The only person who definitely got an invite and turned it down was Phyllis! Could these people 'show up later or later, apologize for
    their abscences? Looks like socially distanced acting!

Time factor...was it really the place for everyone to reminisce about their own lost loves? Yes, the Abbotts all miss Dina...but the lack of her physical presence, imo, at least, makes the Dina factor a bit sappy...not that I'll ever forget Marla Adams!

Well, just wanted to point a few things out...and nothing should keep TPTB from giving the actors and crew the safest holiday season possible!

Anyone else have an opinion on Abby's wedding dress? To me, it looked like they were avoiding both 'too much' and 'not enough' and succeeding. Though not always in the most aesthetically pleasing manner!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Legend@21:1/5 to Renate on Thu Dec 3 00:07:01 2020
    On Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 1:01:44 PM UTC-5, Renate wrote:

I know some of these people weren't on the bride's or groom's fan clubs, but neither were some of those present. The only person who definitely got an invite and turned it down was Phyllis! Could these people 'show up later or later, apologize for

Time factor...was it really the place for everyone to reminisce about their own lost loves? Yes, the Abbotts all miss Dina...but the lack of her physical presence, imo, at least, makes the Dina factor a bit sappy...not that I'll ever forget Marla
    Adams!

Well, wedding continued. With vows, cake, more memories, and two latecomers from my list-Billy and Kyle. More than a few 'memories' were actual footage of times past, including weddings past.

Pretty sure they're doing at least part of this on purpose, although they seem to be working at it. The result? Sincere, yet a bit slow.

Kind of wonder why some gave Billy a little bit less-than-welcome approach. Kyle was treated OK, but seemed kind of bored. At least one similar event is planned for New Year's...Sharon and Rey's wedding. Wonder what differences and similarities we can
    expect?

Personally, I don't think there will be much difference. Billy's lack of acceptance was a little bit disappointing...couldn't they show a little trust for the bride, groom, and whoever else had responsibility in making the guest list?

All in all, a satisfying start of some real action. But still-a bit boring?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Legend@21:1/5 to Renate on Thu Dec 3 00:35:26 2020

Time factor...was it really the place for everyone to reminisce about their own lost loves? Yes, the Abbotts all miss Dina...but the lack of her physical presence, imo, at least, makes the Dina factor a bit sappy...not that I'll ever forget Marla
    Adams!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Legend@21:1/5 to Legend on Thu Dec 3 00:17:44 2020
    On Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 3:07:02 AM UTC-5, Legend wrote:

Adams!

Well, wedding continued. With vows, cake, more memories, and two latecomers from my list-Billy and Kyle. More than a few 'memories' were actual footage of times past, including weddings past.

Pretty sure they're doing at least part of this on purpose, although they seem to be working at it. The result? Sincere, yet a bit slow.

Kind of wonder why some gave Billy a little bit less-than-welcome approach. Kyle was treated OK, but seemed kind of bored. At least one similar event is planned for New Year's...Sharon and Rey's wedding. Wonder what differences and similarities we can
    expect?

Personally, I don't think there will be much difference. Billy's lack of acceptance was a little bit disappointing...couldn't they show a little trust for the bride, groom, and whoever else had responsibility in making the guest list?

All in all, a satisfying start of some real action. But still-a bit boring?

Oh...just a small snippet! Abby's honeymoon dress sure looked better than her wedding dress! Sometimes, even small details can make a lot of differences. IMO, this was one of those 'times'. Looking good, Abby/Melissa! Looking just fine!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Zob@21:1/5 to Zob on Thu Dec 3 21:40:15 2020
    On Thu, 03 Dec 2020 21:28:32 -0500, Zob <zobva_1@yahoo.com> wrote:

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 15:33:33 -0800 (PST), Legend <livinnow@gmail.com>
    wrote:

I think it worked out perfectly that Melissa Ordway's (Abby's) real
    life husband Justin Gaston was filling in as Chance. I don't know how
    they could have filmed a socially distanced wedding with no kissing or >closeness. I actually prefer him as Chance anyway.

Also -- and this is just strictly my opinion -- I wish they would have
    had Phillip Chancellor (Chance's father) at the wedding with his
    husband instead of hiking in the Himalayas and missing it. They're
    missing out on a potentially great storyline.
    Y&R is still at least 20 years behind the times when it comes to
    social issues compared to other soaps.

Oh, and speaking of Phillip... When Jill was standing at the reception
    talking with Nina, I had a flashback to when Jill *hated* Nina. Nina
    had gotten Phillip drunk and had sex with him, getting pregnant with
    Chance. Jill bribed Nina with a million dollars to leave town. Nina
    took the money but didn't leave, lol. Jill was enraged! I never
    though I would see the two of them being civil to each other.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Zob@21:1/5 to All on Thu Dec 3 21:28:32 2020
    On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 15:33:33 -0800 (PST), Legend <livinnow@gmail.com>
    wrote:

I know some of these people weren't on the bride's or groom's fan clubs, but neither were some of those present. The only person who definitely got an invite and turned it down was Phyllis! Could these people 'show up later or later, apologize for their
    abscences? Looks like socially distanced acting!

they could have filmed a socially distanced wedding with no kissing or closeness. I actually prefer him as Chance anyway.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Legend@21:1/5 to Zob on Fri Dec 4 22:26:44 2020
    On Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 9:40:22 PM UTC-5, Zob wrote:
    On Thu, 03 Dec 2020 21:28:32 -0500, Zob <zob...@yahoo.com> wrote:

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 15:33:33 -0800 (PST), Legend <livi...@gmail.com>
    wrote:

Adams!

they could have filmed a socially distanced wedding with no kissing or >closeness. I actually prefer him as Chance anyway.

Oh, and speaking of Phillip... When Jill was standing at the reception talking with Nina, I had a flashback to when Jill *hated* Nina. Nina

As I recall, the price of the bribe was not a million, but fifty thousand dollars! And Jill and Katherine were splitting the expense! I know, inflation and and all, but even then, fifty grand didn't seem like much for Nina and the baby. Especially since
    Nina, at the time, had no college degree, no job, and no trust fund! I thought they were taking advantage of her! It's strange...they both wanted Philip to marry Christine, who had a similar background to Nina, although Chris had developed more social
    graces...both of their mothers even worked as prostitutes, from time to time.

Oh, well, times changed, after Philip's 'death' Nina got the million dollars, left to Philip by his father, who wisely had put it in Victor's hands, rather than Jill's. And, they did get along, eventually.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Zob@21:1/5 to All on Sun Dec 6 09:51:17 2020
    On Fri, 4 Dec 2020 22:26:44 -0800 (PST), Legend <livinnow@gmail.com>
    wrote:

wrote:

Adams!

they could have filmed a socially distanced wedding with no kissing or
    closeness. I actually prefer him as Chance anyway.

As I recall, the price of the bribe was not a million, but fifty thousand dollars! And Jill and Katherine were splitting the expense! I know, inflation and and all, but even then, fifty grand didn't seem like much for Nina and the baby. Especially since
    Nina, at the time, had no college degree, no job, and no trust fund! I thought they were taking advantage of her! It's strange...they both wanted Philip to marry Christine, who had a similar background to Nina, although Chris had developed more social
    graces...both of their mothers even worked as prostitutes, from time to time.

Oh, well, times changed, after Philip's 'death' Nina got the million dollars, left to Philip by his father, who wisely had put it in Victor's hands, rather than Jill's. And, they did get along, eventually.

I guess my memory was a little fuzzy. I knew there was a million
    dollars involved somewhere.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Legend@21:1/5 to Zob on Mon Dec 7 14:07:21 2020
    On Sunday, December 6, 2020 at 9:51:19 AM UTC-5, Zob wrote:
    On Fri, 4 Dec 2020 22:26:44 -0800 (PST), Legend <livi...@gmail.com>
    wrote:

wrote:

Adams!

they could have filmed a socially distanced wedding with no kissing or >> >closeness. I actually prefer him as Chance anyway.

Also -- and this is just strictly my opinion -- I wish they would have >> >had Phillip Chancellor (Chance's father) at the wedding with his

As I recall, the price of the bribe was not a million, but fifty thousand dollars! And Jill and Katherine were splitting the expense! I know, inflation and and all, but even then, fifty grand didn't seem like much for Nina and the baby. Especially
    since Nina, at the time, had no college degree, no job, and no trust fund! I thought they were taking advantage of her! It's strange...they both wanted Philip to marry Christine, who had a similar background to Nina, although Chris had developed more
    social graces...both of their mothers even worked as prostitutes, from time to time.

I guess my memory was a little fuzzy. I knew there was a million
    dollars involved somewhere.

There was plenty of fighting, after Victor handed over Philip II's money, left for his son. Philip III 'died' at 19, making him still underage. When Victor made the move to hand the money over to the widow and son, (I think the money was between 1and 3
    million), Jill went to court to keep Nina from ever touching the money, trying to put it all in trust for Chance, most likely, with herself as trustee. The judge finally gave Nina half of it outright, with half going into trust for Chance.

But...Nina, Jill, and Katherine finally all did get to tolerate each other, the part concerning Nina largely having a lot to do with Christine's influence!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05