• Bold & Beautiful and Young & Restless Might Be Returning to Production

From Renate@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 16 14:21:10 2020
    CBS daytime shows could resume filming within weeks.

On May 15, we reported that Bold and Beautiful could return to production as early as June as a memo had been sent to cast and crew at that time signaling the beginning of preparations for heading back into the studio when lockdown restrictions were
    eased. Wednesday June 3, word came that Hollywood production companies, including CBS studios where Bold and the Beautiful and Young and the Restless have their studios, had submitted a twenty-two page document to New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and
    California Governor Gavin Newsom detailing the safety measures that would be undertaken if allowed to resume production, including social distancing protocols, periodic testing, cleaning, and other preventative measures, and special provisions for those
    at higher risk during the current health crisis. Variety is reporting that Governor Gavin Newsom is expected to present guidelines sometime Friday that will allow TV and film productions to resume in California

Now, rumor has it that follow-up calls have been made to cast and crew for both Bold and Beautiful and Young and Restless with regard to undergoing preliminary testing ahead of a return to the CBS studios that could take place beginning in just over two
    weeks. Young and Restless veteran actor Eric Braeden, who plays the iconic Victor Newman, took to social media to share before and after photos getting his first post-quarantine haircut, which could be another indicator that stars are readying themselves
    to get back to playing their soap opera alter-egos.

https://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-and-the-restless/news/568039/bold-beautiful-young-restless-return-production/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Legend@21:1/5 to Renate on Tue Jun 16 19:36:34 2020
    On Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 5:21:11 PM UTC-4, Renate wrote:
    CBS daytime shows could resume filming within weeks.

On May 15, we reported that Bold and Beautiful could return to production as early as June as a memo had been sent to cast and crew at that time signaling the beginning of preparations for heading back into the studio when lockdown restrictions were
    eased. Wednesday June 3, word came that Hollywood production companies, including CBS studios where Bold and the Beautiful and Young and the Restless have their studios, had submitted a twenty-two page document to New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and
    California Governor Gavin Newsom detailing the safety measures that would be undertaken if allowed to resume production, including social distancing protocols, periodic testing, cleaning, and other preventative measures, and special provisions for those
    at higher risk during the current health crisis. Variety is reporting that Governor Gavin Newsom is expected to present guidelines sometime Friday that will allow TV and film productions to resume in California

Now, rumor has it that follow-up calls have been made to cast and crew for both Bold and Beautiful and Young and Restless with regard to undergoing preliminary testing ahead of a return to the CBS studios that could take place beginning in just over
    two weeks. Young and Restless veteran actor Eric Braeden, who plays the iconic Victor Newman, took to social media to share before and after photos getting his first post-quarantine haircut, which could be another indicator that stars are readying
    themselves to get back to playing their soap opera alter-egos.

https://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-and-the-restless/news/568039/bold-beautiful-young-restless-return-production/

I hope they don't have the actors wearing masks. I know they will probably be a lot of panning, but, as its for the actors' health concerns, I don't mind. I guess it will be a while before there's any kissing.

Come to think of it, since I only watch Y&R, I'm not in that much of a hurry...they are picking out some good classics! I just wish they'd hire an editor, so they can stick to one story at a time!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Karen S.@21:1/5 to Legend on Wed Jun 17 11:01:36 2020
    On Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 10:36:35 PM UTC-4, Legend wrote:

Come to think of it, since I only watch Y&R, I'm not in that much of a hurry...they are picking out some good classics! I just wish they'd hire an editor, so they can stick to one story at a time!

Agreed! I wish they would broadcast a "clump" of great storylines that take up a few weeks at a time instead of jumping around so much. It's dizzying.

I'm actually enjoying the old stories more than I am looking forward to seeing new material. In fact, I've gotten YouTube set up to search episodes in chronological/serial order for certain periods of time using the episode numbers.

Karen S.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05